[Crosstalk] [Fwd: Developers@MIT Lunchtime Presentation: Tuesday, Oct 4]

Jean Foster jfoster at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 28 11:38:11 EDT 2005

FYI: Attend this event to find out about Sun's new Education Commons
initiative and learn what it means for MIT to be named a "Center for
Excellence for Interoperability"

-jean-
-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Catherine T. Iannuzzo <iannuzzo at MIT.EDU>
To: developers at mit.edu, itag-lunch at mit.edu
Subject: Developers at MIT Lunchtime Presentation: Tuesday, Oct 4
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:28:15 -0400
   You are invited to the first
Developers at MIT Lunchtime Presentation!
        Tuesday October 4
          Noon to 2:00pm
    in Twenty Chimneys (W20)

There are lot of things happening beyond MIT that might be helpful to your work.
Our lunchtime presentation will feature Stuart Sim, Senior Architect for
Learning and Research at Sun Microsystems, who will speak on a variety of
topics of interest to developers at MIT: gaming and e-learning, open source
projects, developer portals, and specification work.

Sun has recently named MIT as a Center of Excellence for Interoperability. Find
out more about this and Education Commons: a new effort to support the
worldwide development community.

Some of the fun stuff you will hear about: Education Commons, JA-SIG, IMS,OKI,
Uportal, Dspace, Fedora, Moodle, Sakai, and more!

Pizza will be served!

Note: this message is being sent to developers at mit as well as the ITAG-lunch
list. In the future, we will only be sending these notices out to "developers"
-- please join that list on Moira or send us mail.
--
Jean Foster
Usability Consultant/