[Crib-list] Fwd: Invitation to talk: Compiler based automatic differentiation for scientific programs

Shirley Entzminger daisymae at math.mit.edu
Mon Dec 12 17:41:41 EST 2022

F Y I ....

======================

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the following talk by Valentin Churavy, one
of the core developers of the Julia programming language and a member of
the Julia Lab at MIT:

===
COMPILER BASED AUTOMATIC DIFFERENTIATION FOR SCIENTIFIC PROGRAMS
_Speaker:_ Valentin Churavy, MIT
_Date: _16th December 2022, 10am CET
_Zoom:_
https://rwth.zoom.us/j/97372127934?pwd=ajJUMHBWSXBPOWx3WkhMK1dGUVJ6QT09
[1]

_Abstract_
Automatic differentiation is a powerful technique in numerical
computing. In this talk we will explore the tradeoffs of implementing AD
on different levels, and discuss automatic differentiation for parallel
programs and high-level programming languages. The particular focus will
be on Enzyme an AD framework that operates on the compiler level and
supports reverse and forward mode AD in a variety of languages such as
Julia, C/C++, Fortran and others.

This talk is based on the paper "Scalable Automatic Differentiation of
Multiple Parallel Paradigms through Compiler Augmentation" by Moses et
al. (PDF, Winner of the Best Student Paper Award at SC22).
===

Please feel free to forward this invitation to other interested parties
as well. If you have questions, please let me know. I am looking forward
to seeing you there!

Best regards,

Michael

—
Vertr.-Prof. Dr. Michael Schlottke-Lakemper

Applied and Computational Mathematics
RWTH Aachen University
Schinkelstraße 2, 52062 Aachen
Germany