[Crib-list] Announcing NEDB Summit 2013

Kepner, Jeremy - 1010 - MITLL kepner at ll.mit.edu
Thu Nov 15 14:46:57 EST 2012

========================== February 1, 2013  ==========================
                                               http://db.csail.mit.edu/nedbday13/

This is a call for papers and participants for the Fifth Annual New England Database Summit (NEDB Summit '13). This will be an all day conference-style event where participants from the research community in the New England area can come together to present ideas and discuss their research. Registration for the event is free for students, and $25 for non-students.  We have added a registration fee this year to limit the number of registrants who do not actually attend.  Please contact us if the you cannot pay the fee and would still like to attend.  Breakfast, lunch, drinks and appetizers will be provided.

Event details
------------------
NEDB Summit 2013 will be held on the MIT campus, in room 32-123 of the Stata Center, located at 32 Vassar St. on the corner of Main St. and Vassar St. in Cambridge. The room is on the first floor.

The event will be held on Friday, February 1, 2013, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, followed by appetizers and drinks at a poster session.

Technical Program
--------------------------
The program will consist of several invited talks, a number of short (20-30 minute) presentations from you, the participants, and a poster session!

For more information, please visit our website:

	http://db.csail.mit.edu/nedbday13

To register for the event, please visit:

	http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4563158530

To submit a poster or paper, please visit:

	https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/NEDB2013/

For posters, we require a 1 paragraph abstract.

For short talks, we require a 2 page maximum PDF talk abstract (any format, 10 pt font or larger).

Submissions must be made by January 2, 2013. All reasonable posters will be accepted; talk invitations will be made by January 14, 2013.

We expect to select 5-7 short talk papers for presentation. Selection decisions will be made by the program committee.

Important Dates
Paper or poster submission:  January 2, 2013
Author notification:	             January 14
Registration:	                             January 25
NEDB Summit:	                     February 1

Program Committee and Organizers