[Crib-list] SPEAKER: John Goodhue -- Computational Research in Boston and Beyond Seminar -- Friday, Nov. 5, 2010 -- TIME: 12:30 PM -- Room 32-124 (Stata Center)

Shirley Entzminger daisymae at math.mit.edu
Mon Nov 1 18:46:45 EDT 2010

 		COMPUTATIONAL RESEARCH in BOSTON and BEYOND SEMINAR

DATE:		Friday, November 5, 2010
TIME:		12:30 PM
LOCATION:	Building 32, Room 124 (Stata Center)

(Pizza and beverages at 12:10 PM outside Room 32-124.)

TITLE:			The Massachusetts Green High Performance
 			Computing Center

SPEAKER:		John Goodhue
 			Interim Executive Director, MGHPCC

 			The Massachusetts Green High Performance
 			Computing Center

ABSTRACT:

The Massachusetts Green High Performance Computing Center (MGHPCC) is a
joint project between MIT, Harvard, University of Massachusetts, Boston
University, and Northeastern University to build a high performance
computing center to support growing the demands of faculty-driven
research.  The center is located in Holyoke Mass, which has an abundance
of locally generated hydropower and access to a nearby fiber hub, making
it ideal for housing inexpensive, easily accessible computing resources.

I will talk about the origin and purpose of the facility, along with a
high level tour of the physical infrastructure.  I will also talk about
the project current status, when we expect the facility to become
available, and discuss the vision of a collaborative regional HPC
consortium that this facility has the potential to underpin.

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cambridge, MA  02139

For more information, please visit...

 			http://math.mit.edu/crib/