[Crib-list] Conference around the world in memory of Gene Golub

Shirley Entzminger daisymae at math.mit.edu
Thu Feb 7 10:38:12 EST 2008

Gene Golub Around the World Conference: February 29th
Local Conference One Hour South in Dartmouth, MA

Dear Colleagues and Students interested in  scientific computing

    I am not familiar with anything quite like this before, but there
will be a worldwide numerical analysis conference in memory of Gene
Golub on what would have been his 19th (leap day) birthday.  Looking
at http://cs.nyu.edu/overton/genearoundtheworld/ ,
there are three in the US (east coast, middle, and west coast), two
more in North America (waterloo and mexico city),  there's Oxford,
Porto, Linkoping, Leuven, Delft, Berlin, Pisa, Tripolis Greece, and
Moscow and also Rio, Tel Aviv, Shanghai, Hong Kong,  and Tokyo, and
three more in Austalia and New Zealand.

        The closest venue, Dartmouth, Massachusetts is only about an
hour south of MIT.
http://www.umassd.edu/cas/mathematics/people/leon/conference/
Whether you never met Gene, or were a close friend, I know that Gene
would have wanted anyone interested in scientific and engineering
computations to come together for such an event.  I would like to
encourage attendance and registration.

Sincerely
Alan Edelman