[config-package-dev] transform does not work on ubuntu trusty

Kernc kerncece at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 10:47:36 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Djokic, Slavisa <
Slavisa.Djokic at uni-hamburg.de> wrote:

>  So I don’t have to care about other admins will apply their own config
> or knowing there’s a customized package etc.

Oh, in that case, config-package-dev is not the right tool. In that case
you should use Quilt to track a series of patches you wish to have applied
to base release. Quilt is what Debian uses to make modifications to
upstream releases (e.g. firefox → iceweasel), and it's what Ubuntu uses to
make modifications to Debian releases. See
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/howto/quilt.html for more info and how to
start.