[config-package-dev] transform does not work on ubuntu trusty

Djokic, Slavisa Slavisa.Djokic at uni-hamburg.de
Mon Sep 22 10:25:49 EDT 2014

Hi there,

yes i did remember that and the line is meant to include the dot at the end: /usr/bin/rkhunter.

I guess I didn’t get the extensions right to work. What I would like is the package to stay named rkhunter, so I stay with the working directory which

apt-get sources rkhunter/precise

gives me. This results in a directory

rkhunter-1.3.8/

I change into it  and set the changelog with

dch –i+seait

With following command I can build

sudo DIST=precise ARCH=amd64 pdebuild

Well that should leave me with the package named

rkhunter_1.3.8-10+seait1_all.deb

This package can be installed on a precise machine (after putting it for example in reprepro)

apt-get install rkhunter

So I don’t have to care about other admins will apply their own config or knowing there’s a customized package etc.
For rkhunter there is a patch to be applied and further configuration files to be installed.
I’d like to maintain all generous configs with config-package-dev and git-buildpackage. But that’s a way to go.

Cheers
Sascha