[config-package-dev] check_file problems

Alex Waite alexander.waite at ovgu.de
Tue Jun 4 04:38:36 EDT 2013

Hello,

First off, config-package-dev has been a huge help to me. A big 'thank
you' to the writers/maintainers.

I've used c-p-d successfully to displace quite a few config files.
However, when I attempt to transform /etc/fstab, I run into trouble. On
build, dh_configpackage gets quite angry and bails:

   dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /etc/fstab
   /etc/fstab is not owned by any package
   make: *** [binary] Error 255
   dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

Indeed, apt-file confirms that no package "owns" /etc/fstab.

Reading the docs did not yield a solution for unowned config files.

I've glanced in dh_configpackage and `sub check_file` looks to be
throwing the error. I'm not seeing any options I can pass to
dh_configpackage to get around this.

Thoughts?

---Alex