[ASA-Official] Space Allocation Information | Fall GBM | Hazing Form | Engage Sessions

Jessica Giang jgiang at mit.edu
Mon Oct 16 19:01:18 EDT 2023

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

  *   Space Allocation Information

  *   Fall GBM

  *   Hazing Form

  *   Engage Sessions

________________________________

Space Allocation Information

With the recent reopening of the ASA office/storage spaces in the 4th floor of the Student Center, there has been some confusion about the ongoing Space Allocation cycle. The new allocations have not been decided yet, and the assignments which were followed last Friday were only created to give guidance to the movers. As a result, groups that applied for new/more space will receive the official results in around a week.

________________________________

Fall General Body Meeting

Our Fall General Body Meeting will be the evening of Monday October 30th from 5:00-7:00 PM in 34-101. Put it on your calendars! We will send out an agenda including any documents to review before the meeting at least one week before that date.

Please arrive promptly so we can complete check-ins and start on time to get through the agenda as efficiently as possible. Every student group is required to send a representative, with the exception of individual FSILGs, dorms, and club sports; those groups’ governance groups may attend if they wish to but are not required to do so. There will be makeup options for groups that are entirely unable to attend, but if groups do neither of these, they will incur a fine and may be suspended or de-recognized if the group has repeatedly missed GBMs. Dinner will be served.

Any member may check-in for a group and may check-in for more than one group. However, only students listed as President, Treasurer, Group Admin, or GBM proxy in the group's ASA Database entry <engage.mit.edu<https://engage.mit.edu/>> may exercise the group's vote. Furthermore, no one may exercise the vote of more than one group, and each group has only one vote even if they send multiple representatives.

Please make sure to designate a GBM proxy in the Engage database prior to the GBM if you do not expect a President, Treasurer, or Group Admin to be present at the meeting.

If you have any topics pertaining to student group activities on campus you would like to suggest be addressed at the meeting, please submit your questions, comments, or concerns using this form: <https://cglink.me/2cy/s451>.

________________________________

Important Reminder: Please sign and upload the Hazing Form by October 30th

This is a friendly reminder from the SOLE office regarding the Hazing Form requirement. We kindly request one representative from each ASA-recognized student organization and all Residential Life groups to carefully read and sign the Hazing Form, which is accessible via this link<https://powerforms.docusign.net/a9071afe-acf2-4a49-91bf-40ee2512ca4e?env=na2&acct=a76475db-2ab3-4a5f-b7bd-1ba6a5dd7f4e&accountId=a76475db-2ab3-4a5f-b7bd-1ba6a5dd7f4e&recipientLang=en>. <https://powerforms.docusign.net/a9071afe-acf2-4a49-91bf-40ee2512ca4e?env=na2&acct=a76475db-2ab3-4a5f-b7bd-1ba6a5dd7f4e&accountId=a76475db-2ab3-4a5f-b7bd-1ba6a5dd7f4e&recipientLang=en>

Once the form has been completed, we kindly request that each group upload a signed copy of the Hazing Form to the "Files" section on Engage. Additionally, please ensure that you share the content of the Hazing Form with all members of your group for their awareness.

We kindly ask all groups to complete this important task no later than the ASA General Body Meeting scheduled for Monday, October 30th. Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to SOLE at <sole at mit.edu<mailto:sole at mit.edu>>.

Update your Engage Page: Engage Sessions

Don't miss SOLE’s Engage training sessions every Thursday in October, from 5-6pm. We'll guide student organization officers through updating essential elements on your group page: Mission Statement, Primary Contact, Group Officers, Member Roster, Group Category, Funding Source, Membership, and Type of Activity Tags. Plus, learn about the resources available on Engage, like emails, surveys, and websites. Join us here<https://cglink.me/2cy/r914192> <https://cglink.me/2cy/r914192>!

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board

<http://web.mit.edu/asa/about/board-members.html<https://owa.exchange.mit.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=yJZiAshjpbls53XEeUTtaeG7QyQZOrRww1ynwDsXIq7mEiCV5MHWCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fweb.mit.edu%2fasa%2fabout%2fboard-members.html>>