[ASA-Official] GBM Makeup | Winter LEF/ARCADE | Engage | Groups Changes Form

Jessica Giang jgiang at mit.edu
Tue Nov 8 13:23:58 EST 2022

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

  *   GBM Makeup

  *   Winter LEF/ARCADE

  *   Update Your Engage Mission

  *   Group Status Change Form Open

________________________________

GBM Makeup

If you could not attend the ASA GBM on October 24, please take the following quiz<https://cglink.me/2cy/s280>, using the GBM slides and minutes for reference. You will need to pass the quiz to receive credit.

Quiz: <https://cglink.me/2cy/s280>

GBM Slides: <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19YlOscRz26xK5787b0X3uWTH6wLyNd_Fa3erea3Wxe0>

GBM Minutes: <https://docs.google.com/document/d/193GcYMwUt7ciK-DNWA3nLqJSqunk7f0q6W8V33uoyVE>

________________________________
Winter LEF/ARCADE Applications Open

Winter LEF/ARCADE applications <https://cglink.me/2cy/s279> are now open and due December 1. This cycle covers events in January - March. If you need an extension, please email <asa-treasury at mit.edu<mailto:asa-treasury at mit.edu>> by December 1. All applications must be received by December 8, regardless of any extension allowed. Read more about LEF/ARCADE here: <https://asa.mit.edu/group-resources/funding-large-events>.

________________________________
Update Your Engage Description

We kindly request that groups update their “Mission” in Engage. This is to allow parts of MIT administration to assess the function of groups when approving space reservation requests. While this is not a requirement, we do encourage groups to do this to streamline interactions with CAC, SOLE, and other official parts of MIT.

The way you update this is by going to your Engage page, clicking on [Settings], and then scrolling down and entering it into the [Mission] text box.

________________________________

Group Status Change Form Open

We’ve finally opened the new consolidated form for either seeking approval or notifying us about changes your group is undergoing. If you wish to change your group’s name, funding status, affiliation with a national organization, or if you wish to notify us of a change in your group’s exec mailing list, please use the form on the following page:

<https://asa.mit.edu/start-group/change-group-status>

Previously, groups needed to use the New Group Application to request a change in funding status, but groups should now use this form instead.

This form will always be open and we will review submissions on a rolling basis.

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board

<http://web.mit.edu/asa/about/board-members.html<https://owa.exchange.mit.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=yJZiAshjpbls53XEeUTtaeG7QyQZOrRww1ynwDsXIq7mEiCV5MHWCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fweb.mit.edu%2fasa%2fabout%2fboard-members.html>>