[ASA-Official] Re-Recognition | Midway | LEF/ARCADE | Survey

Jessica Giang jgiang at mit.edu
Tue Aug 23 00:49:54 EDT 2022

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

  *   Re-Recognition & Group Constiutions

  *   Midway Signup

  *   LEF/ARCADE Application

  *   Closed Campus Survey

________________________________

Re-Recognition & Group Constitutions

Please note the following updates on the group re-recognition process.

Constitutions

The ASA board has nearly completed the processing of the first batch of group constitutions. We will be reaching out to groups regarding the status of their constitutions shortly. If your group’s constitution was rejected, your group will receive an email detailing why the constitution was rejected, as well as a link for resubmission. The deadline for resubmitting constitutions will be Tuesday, September 6 at 11:59 pm ET. Groups who do not resubmit their constitutions by this deadline will be derecognized. If your group would need an extension past this deadline, please reach out to <asa-groups at mit.edu<mailto:asa-groups at mit.edu>> outlining the reasons for an extension and for further discussion.

We kindly ask that you take the time to look over the reasons for rejection and ASA constitution requirements <https://asa.mit.edu/start-group/constitution-requirements> carefully prior to resubmission. Submissions that are identical to the original submission will not be considered as valid submissions, and will be treated as if there was no resubmission.

Late Applications

If your group has not completed both the officer re-recognition form <https://cglink.me/2cy/s198> and had at least 5 members complete the membership confirmation form <https://cglink.me/2cy/s201> yet, your group is required to do so by Tuesday, September 6 at 11:59 pm ET. This is a hard deadline. If your group has not completed these forms, or contacted <asa-groups at mit.edu<mailto:asa-groups at mit.edu>> explaining why your group cannot complete them by the deadline, the group will be derecognized.

The constitution tracker <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19ihnE3yyx6a-vOShaMaht16F-cbnD4AiS0fmz6TGKY4/edit?usp=sharing> will be updated to include all submissions received until this point within 24 hours of this announcement going out. If you believe that your group has completed a section that is marked as FALSE, we request that you wait until the tracker updates before emailing <asa-groups at mit.edu<mailto:asa-groups at mit.edu>>.

If you have any questions or require assistance, please email <asa-groups at mit.edu<mailto:asa-groups at mit.edu>>.

________________________________

Midway Signup

The deadline for Fall Midway booth and performance signups has been extended to this Friday, August 26 at 11:59 pm ET. Please register for the Fall Activities Midway by filling out the registration form <https://cglink.me/2cy/s232>.

________________________________

Fall LEF/ARCADE Application

LEF/ARCADE applications <https://cglink.me/2cy/s233> are now open and due September 1. This cycle covers events in October - December. Since the announcement comes a bit late, we will treat applications received by September 8 as if they were on time, if you email <asa-treasurer at mit.edu> in advance. Read more about LEF/ARCADE here: <https://asa.mit.edu/group-resources/funding-large-events>.

Closed Campus Survey

As many of you may have heard, most of MIT campus will remain closed in the fall. W20 will remain open to the public, but Walker will also continue to be tap-access only. We would like to hear from student groups about how this affects them and what policies student groups favor. We’re collecting information with the following survey: <https://cglink.me/2cy/s239>

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board

<http://web.mit.edu/asa/about/board-members.html<https://owa.exchange.mit.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=yJZiAshjpbls53XEeUTtaeG7QyQZOrRww1ynwDsXIq7mEiCV5MHWCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fweb.mit.edu%2fasa%2fabout%2fboard-members.html>>