[ASA-Official] New Group Applications/Finboard Survey

Alex Bookbinder a01 at mit.edu
Wed Feb 24 13:57:26 EST 2021

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

>> New Group Applications

>> Opening of CAC Space Reservation

>> Finboard Survey

>> LEF/ARCADE Applications

New Group Applications

The group application for the Spring 2021 is open!

Applications will be accepted through March 21 for the spring semester
cycle. Requests for a change in funding status should be submitted through
the same form and indicated as the type of group on the first page of the
form. The application form is available here
<https://asa.mit.edu/start-group/new-group-application>.

<https://asa.mit.edu/start-group/new-group-application>

Opening of CAC Space Reservation

The opening of the CAC reservation books for academic year, 2021 to 2022 is
on Monday, February 22nd at 10 am. Dates covered are September 8, 2021
through May 21, 2022. CAC spaces include Stratton Student Center (W20),
Kresge Auditorium, Walker Memorial, Religious Activities Center (W11), MIT
Chapel, Wong Auditorium, Lobby 13, Memorial Lobby, Vest Student Street, and
select outdoor areas on campus.  Please note that Institute policy will
dictate when and how in-person events can occur again; CAC continues to
strongly encourage you to have virtual event backup plans. All information
is at this link <https://studentlife.mit.edu/cac/resources-forms>.

If you should have any questions, please contact CAC at
cacscheduling at mit.edu

<https://studentlife.mit.edu/cac/resources-forms>

Finboard Survey

Finboard wants to know what questions you have about the application
process! Confused about deadlines? Want to know how appeals work? Just
click here <https://forms.gle/FroSV3WE7svSuqTY8> and fill out this
single-question form.

<https://forms.gle/FroSV3WE7svSuqTY8>

Application for LEF/ARCADE Funds

If your group would like to hold a virtual event in the coming months that
you believe satisfies the requirements for events that would normally be
covered by the grants for on-campus events (
http://asa.mit.edu/group-resources/funding-large-events), please fill out
the application at: https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/465604. If
you have any questions, please reach out to <asa-treasurer at mit.edu> and we
can discuss. We are happy to work with groups to fund their ideas for
virtual events to support any way our campus can stay connected or groups
can adapt to a virtual environment!

We're combining the Winter and Spring cycles, so we'll evaluate the Winter
cycle applications on a rolling basis, but the last applications for this
semester will occur with a deadline of March 1, and a late deadline of
March 8.

We hope you are all doing well and staying safe; as always, please feel
free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other
inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board