[ASA-Official] [ASA Official] IAP Midway RSVP due TOMORROW 1/29

Rebecca Mae Black rblack at mit.edu
Thu Jan 28 14:22:41 EST 2021

Dear Student Group Leaders,

This is a reminder that the IAP Midway RSVP is due TOMORROW, Friday January 29th at 11:59 PM ET. See full details below.

IAP Midway: 2/5/21, 11AM-1PM ET (registration required, new Zoom logistics)

This year, the ASA in consultation with the UA has decided to hold an IAP Midway to promote recruitment and allow more students to find ways to get involved on campus. The IAP Midway will be virtual and held on Friday, February 5th from 11 AM to 1 PM Eastern Time, and will be using the same platform <midway.mit.edu> as the fall Midway -- we are currently in the process of updating the flavor text on the website and the appropriate dates/times. This time around, we are hoping to make use of a few Zoom calls organized by the group categories that the ASA will make, with breakout rooms for individual groups that students can move between freely. However, if the logistics don’t work out, we may have to ask groups to make their own Zoom links - we will update groups that are participating at least one week before the event if that is the case, and you will be able to link your own Zoom room by editing your group’s page as before. (If this ends up being the case, groups may choose to use another virtual chat platform, though we encourage the use of Zoom because of its ability to use MIT certificates and prevent external spam, as well as accessibility concerns with other platforms.) The website itself will remain up for incoming students who cannot attend the event synchronously to explore groups afterwards.

IMPORTANT: You must fill out the Engage sign-up form if you wish to participate. We will only be adding groups to the Zoom rooms who register by the deadline. This event is mainly for groups who are actively recruiting, but you can still participate even if you are currently closed to new members.

The form to register is here: <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/456798>. There are options on the form to indicate if your group does not have a page on the website, or you do have a page but would like to change your primary contact email or be re-sent your access link to edit your page. You must fill out this form by TOMORROW Friday, January 29th at 11:59 PM ET, to provide sufficient time to upload new groups to the website and give time for groups to populate their pages. After your submission has been processed, the primary contact email you listed will receive a link that will allow you to edit your group’s page and upload any information, media, performance videos, or Zoom links. Start thinking now about what materials you would like to put together to share and how you will conduct these Zoom calls!

If you have any issues with the form or your group is not on the list and you believe you should still attend, please email us at <asa-exec at mit.edu<mailto:asa-exec at mit.edu>>.

We hope you are all doing well and staying safe; as always, please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board