[ASA-Official] Fall GBM, Student activities COVID-19 survey, LEF/ARCADE available

Yuexuan Zu yzu at mit.edu
Thu Oct 22 18:03:46 EDT 2020

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

-> ASA General Body Meeting 10/29 at 5:00 PM ET

-> Student activities COVID-19 survey

-> Funding for LEF/ARCADE events

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

ASA General Body Meeting 10/29 at 5:00 PM ET

Our upcoming General Body Meeting is on October 29th from 5:00-7:00 PM ET; see the agenda here: <https://asa.mit.edu/sites/default/files/documents/ASA%20FA20%20GBM%20Agenda.pdf>. The first half of the meeting will be an update from DSL Dean Burkett and an open town hall-style opportunity for groups to ask questions and give feedback.

The same rules apply as for a normal GBM: FSILGs, graduate dorms, and club sports may attend if they wish to but are not required to do so. ASA groups are still required to send one member per group, but you may represent as many groups as you like, and each attendee can only exercise one vote.

We recognize that there will inevitably be groups that have no members who can attend: understanding how crazy life is right now, we'd like to avoid any situation where groups get penalized for not attending the GBM, so there will be online make-up resources with all critical information. However, this is an important time for the ASA and DSL to hear directly from groups about what issues are going on so we know where we can provide support or advocate for more resources, so attendance from as many groups as possible is preferred.

Zoom link (full Zoom information in the agenda above): https://mit.zoom.us/j/99520106107

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Student activities COVID-19 survey

To assess how the activities of ASA and other types of student groups have been impacted by the new campus regulations, the ASA has launched a survey drafted with the help of the UA on how student groups were affected by the spring semester closure, what virtual events have been planned and how successful they were, and what challenges student groups foresee themselves facing during the fall semester. This information will help us better advocate to the administration for student group needs and pitch in on any relevant policy decisions.

You can find the survey here: <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/444662>

The form will be open through the month of October, but the sooner you send in your experiences, the sooner we can bring them to the attention of MIT leadership. Please only submit one response per group.

Funding available for LEF/ARCADE

If your group would like to hold a virtual event in the coming months that you believe satisfies the requirements for events that would normally be covered by the grants for on-campus events (http://asa.mit.edu/group-resources/funding-large-events), please fill out the application at: https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/430246. If you have any questions, please reach out to <asa-treasurer at mit.edu<mailto:asa-treasurer at mit.edu>> and we can discuss. We are happy to work with groups to fund their ideas for virtual events to support any way our campus can stay connected or groups can adapt to a virtual environment! Rather than a single deadline, we will evaluate applications on a rolling basis.

As always, email asa-exec at mit.edu<mailto:asa-exec at mit.edu> with any questions or concerns you have at this time.

Best regards,

The ASA Executive Board

http://asa.mit.edu/about-asa/board-members?