[ASA-Official] GBM Minutes and make-ups | Re-recognition starts next week

Rebecca Mae Black rblack at mit.edu
Wed Apr 22 16:39:41 EDT 2020

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

-> ASA GBM Minutes and make-ups

-> Annual required re-recognition starts next week!

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

ASA GBM Minutes and make-ups

Thank you to all the students who attended our General Body Meeting last Wednesday! We appreciated all your questions and feedback, and are very excited to start the next year with a board full of new and returning members.

Any groups who did not attend the meeting can find the meeting notes on our website: <http://asa.mit.edu/about-asa/meeting-notes>, which contains a link to check in so your group gets credit for making up the absence. We will not be fining groups for missing this GBM due to the nature of these times, but will still note any lack of attendance to keep in mind during re-recognition if part of a pattern of continued inactivity. This also contains a link to the ASA/SOLE/student group relationships statement that was discussed at the meeting, along with a form to collect any feedback on that document.

We elected our new officers at the GBM, but the Board is always open to any interested students who want to help out in making student life happen on campus, particularly as we head towards an academic year full of a lot of uncertainty. Reach out to <asa-exec at mit.edu<mailto:asa-exec at mit.edu>> if you’re interested in joining us!

The annual required re-recognition process for ASA groups starts next week!

It is approaching the time for the ASA’s annual re-recognition process. We use this to verify groups are active and have enough members, and to confirm that groups will abide by the Massachusetts hazing law and MIT non-discrimination policies. Please note that Club Sports, FSILG groups, and Panhellenic groups will NOT have to complete this ASA process and should NOT respond for their groups.

The materials for this process will be distributed at the beginning of next week. The re-recognition process must be completed by Friday, May 15th at 11:59 PM ET. Clubs with late submissions will be penalized with fines and will be suspended and/or derecognized if the submission is not completed.

Keep an eye out for that ASA Official next week, or check on our website for all the information as well once the process has started! <http://asa.mit.edu/start-group/spring-re-recognition>

As always, email asa-exec at mit.edu<mailto:asa-exec at mit.edu> with any questions or concerns you have at this time.

Best regards,

The ASA Executive Board