[ASA-Official] Virtual CPW Registration | CPW Discord Server | GBM reminder

Rebecca Mae Black rblack at mit.edu
Mon Apr 13 11:41:02 EDT 2020

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

-> Virtual CPW Registration extended through TONIGHT 4/13/20 11:59PM ET

-> CPW Discord Server

-> ASA GBM Wednesday 4/15/20, 5:30-7:30 PM ET

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Virtual CPW Registration extended through TONIGHT 4/13/20 11:59PM ET

tl;dr Fill out engage form<https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/399622> by end of day TODAY (4/13/20) to attend CPW Virtual Midway on 4/19/20 1-3PM ET

CPW is coming up and we’re working on a virtual midway website that can help adMITed students find potential clubs to join in the fall as well as help current students discover new clubs! During the actual midway time, there will also be concurrent Zoom calls for any interested group occurring from 1-3 PM ET on Sunday, April 19th. These Zoom calls will be linked on the virtual website, allowing admitted students to jump from conversation to conversation like they would in a real Midway.

The website itself will be up for the entire month for admitted students to explore student life on campus and record which groups they would like to be connected with if they do decide to attend MIT.

In order to be on the site:

1) Fill out this form by end of day Monday <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/399622>. This form has been extended through Monday due to the large volume of last-minute issues. After Monday there is no guarantee that your club will be listed on time.

2) Expect an email Tuesday or Wednesday allowing you to upload additional pictures, YouTube links and do a final update of your page before it goes live.

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

NEW: CPW Discord server sign-up

Admissions has been working hard on a CPW Discord Server (described at https://community.mitcpw.org/?page_id=495) to allow representatives of residences, ASA groups, and other formal entities, as well as select staff representatives, to connect with and help the adMITs. SIPB has been working hard to help us set this up, including, crucially, a verification/validation process for MIT entities to nominate and credential their representatives.

Here is how this works: leaders (Presidents, CPW chairs, or equivalent) of ASA groups, dorms, FSILGs, etc. that are interested in participating can fill out the form at <https://cpw2020.scripts.mit.edu:444/form/> with the kerberos' of their designated representatives. The form will send that information to a bot which will email the representatives for validation/confirmation and give them appropriate permissions on the server. For ASA groups, please do not register more than five members of your group. CPW is an exciting time to connect with admitted students and show them the vibrancy of student life on campus, but we do not want to overwhelm the Discord with an excessive number of students due to the large number of student groups we have. If you are a new or non-ASA student group that does not have an Engage entry at the moment but wishes to join the server, email <cpw-discord-access at mit.edu<mailto:cpw-discord-access at mit.edu>> with your group’s information and kerberos ID’s to be added.

As part of the validation/confirmation process, there is a planned "Discord 101" document that will include a brief user's guide, an outline of community standards, etc. to help those who have not spent a lot of time on Discord before feel comfortable in the space. The timeline to get the bot running and the Discord populated is sometime this weekend, but there isn’t a deadline to apply to be added to the server. Please send any questions to <cpw-discord-access at mit.edu<mailto:cpw-discord-access at mit.edu>>, and email <sipb-discord at mit.edu<mailto:sipb-discord at mit.edu>> for technical issues.

ASA GBM this Wednesday, 4/15/20 5:30-7:30 PM ET

Our upcoming General Body Meeting is on April 15th from 5:30-7:30 PM ET; see the agenda here: <https://asa.mit.edu/sites/default/files/documents/ASA%20GBM%20Agenda%20SP20.pdf>.

At this meeting, we will be electing the officer positions for our Board, and are actively recruiting anyone who is interested in joining the ASA at any level! This year will be a particularly challenging one as we enter a semester dealing with the personal, financial, and logistical impacts of COVID-19 on our campus community, and we want anyone who is interested in helping solve problems and supporting student groups through the next year to join us!

We will have space in all parts of our board -- any position (space, funding, groups, secretary, president!) could be filled by any interested student. You can find information on all positions on our board here: <bit.ly/2vyu7ID>, and apply using this form if you are interested! <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/395752>

As always, email asa-exec at mit.edu<mailto:asa-exec at mit.edu> with any questions or concerns you have at this time.

Best regards,

The ASA Executive Board

http://asa.mit.edu/about-asa/board-members