[ASA-Official] Office and storage space applications due in 1 week

Rachel Meyer remeyer at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 1 00:27:03 EDT 2011

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please make note of the following announcements:

1. Office and Storage Space application form - due in 1 week
2. Clarifying Announcement with regards to Planga

--------------------------

1. Office and Storage Space application form - due in 1 week

As a reminder, office and storage space is being re-allocated this year,
as part of our regular two-year cycle.  All groups that want to have space
for the next two years, even if they currently have space, need to apply.
The online form is due by Monday, November 7, at 11:59pm and is available
at http://web.mit.edu/asa/resources/office-space-alloc.html

If you have any questions about the process or application or would like
feedback or advice on submitting an application, feel free to stop by our
office hours this week: http://mit.edu/asa/about/office-hours.html.
Questions about the form or allocations in general can also be sent to
asa-space at mit.edu.

--------------------------

2. Clarifying Announcement with regards to Planga

We have been informed that many groups have been contacted by a company
called Planga with a request to update their group's information and to
participate in their website.  The ASA Executive Board wants to be clear
that the product Planga has no affiliation with the ASA or MIT, is in no
way endorsed by us, and you have no responsibility to the ASA (or to any
of funding boards) to use it.  Even if you do use it, that does not excuse
you from also using the required advertising methods for receiving UA,
GSC, or LEF/ARCADE funding (e.g. events.mit.edu).  We have requested that
they immediately stop sending unsolicited emails to groups and that they
remove information about groups on their website that was not directly
provided by the group within one week.   If you witness either of these
requests not being followed, please notify us - asa-exec at mit.edu
(MIT-publicly archived) or asa-president at mit.edu (not archived).

Please feel free to email asa-exec at mit.edu with any requests, questions,
or other inquiries.