[ASA-Official] Early Returns, advertising opportunities, Midway requests

Rachel E Meyer remeyer at MIT.EDU
Fri May 27 18:56:01 EDT 2011

Dear Student Group Officers,

Please take note of the following announcements:

1.  ASA Early Returns - requests due by THIS Monday, 5/30
2.  First Year Summer Mailing (FYSM) - submissions due by 6/26
3.  Advertising in the Graduate Student News's Orientation Handbook
4.  Midway request form now open - due by 8/10

----------------------------------

1.  ASA Early Returns - requests due by THIS Monday, 5/30

The ASA has some early returns available for undergraduates living in
dormitories in the fall that do not have summer housing in a dorm.
Currently, ASA early returns are projected to be able to choose a return
date in between Sunday, August 28th, and Friday, September 2nd. The
normal return date is Saturday, September 3rd.

All ASA early returns are required to attend and sign in at the ASA
Midway on Friday, September 2nd, and are expected to otherwise support
their groups. Individuals that don't fulfill these responsibilities will
be forced to pay for their early return.

To apply for an ASA early return, fill out this form by THIS Monday,
5/30, at 11:59pm: https://asa.scripts.mit.edu:444/applications/returns/

----------------------------------

2.  First Year Summer Mailing - submissions due by 6/26

Like last year, the ASA is compiling a website with an index of all
interested groups. Each group can submit a slide, a short description,
and a link to their website. The FYSM website will be advertised to
incoming students through postcards and the Graduate Student News.

More information and the submission form can be found at:
http://web.mit.edu/asa/publicity/summer-mailing.html.

Please contact asa-fysm at mit.edu with any troubles or questions regarding
the submission form or FYSM in general.

We will be collecting some statistical information about visits to the
FYSM website. If you would be interested in receiving information related
to your group, please contact us (asa-fysm at mit.edu) and we can discuss
what information we can provide to you.

----------------------------------

3.  Advertising in the Graduate Student News's Orientation Handbook

>From Rudy Dieudonne, Editor-in-Chief of the Graduate Student News (GSN):
I am writing you this message to ask if you would be interested in
promoting your student group within the 2011 Orientation Handbook by
purchasing advertisement space.  In previous years we have had a large
amount of student organizations promote their groups through our
publication, and I am excited to extend this offer again for this year's
book.

If you or your group would like to promote your organization within the
2011 Orientation Handbook, then simply email gsn-editor at mit.edu with the
name of your group and the person to contact. Then we can begin to
discuss all the necessary details that pertains to this publication, such
as the options of ad space available for purchase and the deadline for
the submission of the ad itself.

----------------------------------

4.  Midway request form now open - due by 8/10

The Activities Midway is the primary fall recruiting event for ASA groups.
The Midway will be held on Friday, September 2nd, from 4-6:30pm.  Groups
can requests booth space and performance time for this event.   Requests
are due by Wednesday, August 10th, at 11:59pm and we will send reminders
leading up to that deadline.

More information and the request form are available at:
http://mit.edu/asa/publicity/midway.html

Please feel free to email asa-exec at mit.edu with any requests, questions,
or other inquiries.

Sincerely,