[ASA-Official] Walker Memorial Assessment Team

Martin Arnold Schmidt maschmid at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 1 15:26:20 EDT 2011

Dear Walker Memorial Stakeholders,

I am pleased to announce the formation of the Walker Memorial Assessment Team and its charge. This charge is the condensed end product of numerous discussions beginning last Fall from which a process was created to engage the stakeholders in Walker Memorial. The charge for the group can be found at http://web.mit.edu/asa/docs/WMATCharge.pdf and it is also attached to this e-mail.

Through the work of this team, we will be able to formally include both graduate and undergraduate students and community user’s inputs in the decision process for this large capital project. I believe the comprehensive nature of this team will ensure that all users will be heard and considered fairly. The inclusion of administrators, faculty and students will bring a breadth of experience and perspective.

This team will represent the many users of Walker Memorial and will be actively seeking the input of the community. We will continue to directly reach out to current users of Walker in this process, and we will also be using data from the Campus Activities Complex. In addition, the team will have the opportunity to work with the architects (Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg) who have been hired to assist in the evaluation of Walker Memorial for use by Music and Theater Arts.

I encourage all members of the Walker Memorial community to contact the assessment team at walker-input at mit.edu<mailto:walker-input at mit.edu> and work with the team, so that MIT can make the most informed decision as we move forward.

With best regards,

Martin A. Schmidt
Associate Provost and
Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science