[ASA-Official] Announcements from the ASA: new mail system, mandatory anti-hazing form

ASA President asa-president at MIT.EDU
Sun Oct 26 23:33:33 EDT 2008

Dear Student Group Officers,

Please take note of the following notices:

1. NEW MAIL SYSTEM

The ASA, in collaboration with SAO and the UA, is pleased to announce a new
mail system for student groups in W20, which should improve the reliability
of student group mail in W20.

Under the previous system, all student group mail was delivered to the UA
office and sorted by a student worker.  Effective immediately, mail will
instead be received by SAO and will be sorted every Friday afternoon.
Student groups that receive mail regularly can request a mailbox in the 4th
floor hallway of W20; other student groups can pick up mail from SAO during
normal business hours.

You may apply for a mailbox at
http://asa.scripts.mit.edu/applications/mailboxes.  The deadline for
completing the application is November 1.

We hope this system will provide more reliable, secure mail handling for
groups.  If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at
asa-exec at mit.edu.

2. CONFIRM YOUR GROUP IS ACTIVE / FILL OUT AN ANTI-HAZING FORM

Every fall, we ask groups to sign an form to confirm that they comply with
Massachusetts Anti-Hazing Laws.  This year, to save paper and reduce lost
transmissions, we are having you fill the form out online.  Please have one
of your group's officers go online to:

https://asa.scripts.mit.edu:444/applications/hazing/

and fill out an anti-hazing form.  The form gets signed with your
certificate.  You can sign for more than one group.

IMPORTANT: Please note that we will be using the anti-hazing form to confirm
that groups are still active.  If your group fails to sign a form by
November 10, we will consider the group inactive and begin the process of
derecognizing the group.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board