[WinPartners] XP - domain user to local user?

Barbara Santorella bsantore at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 27 08:12:50 EST 2006

I do not think you can just create a local account that will "pickup"
the documents and settings.  Permissions are determined by a Security
ID, not by name. I think you would need to login as administrator,
create a local account, and then move the documents and settings folder
under the new login name.  You may also need to change the permissions,
but I don't think so.  I  think when you move files from a source to
destination on the same volume, the permissions take on the attributes
of the destination.

Barbara Santorella
System Administrator
MIT Bates