[WebPub] grad school advice

Lisa C Mayer lmayer at MIT.EDU
Sat Dec 11 08:32:52 EST 2010

A friend of mine has a son graduating from college with a Computer Science degree, and is seeking advice on local graduate degree programs.  Do you have any input on the following?

Whether to get a Master of Liberal Arts (MLA) in IT, or a Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science - which is more valuable to employers?

- There's an MLA in IT at Harvard Extension School, and a MS at UMass Boston.  Which is the better program?

- Are there other programs in the same price range that he should be considering?

If you are interested in counseling him via phone/email directly, drop me a line and I'll connect you.

Many thanks!
LIsa

Lisa C. Mayer
MIT -  IS&T -  DCAD