[Waltz] Irish Ceili and Waltz, *Sunday*, March 17 at Ashdown

Ken T Takusagawa kenta at mit.edu
Wed Mar 13 03:00:27 EDT 2019

Join us for our next waltz this Sunday, March 17 (not
Saturday as previously announced, because Ashdown has a
different event on Saturday).

* Sunday, March 17, 2019
* Ashdown House, Hulsizer Room (235 Albany St., Cambridge,
  MA.  Map: http://whereis.mit.edu/?go=NW35 )
* Lesson 7:30 p.m., Open dancing 8:30-10:30 p.m.
* Free, beginners welcome, no partner necessary

To mark St. Patrick's Day, before the dance, Sara and Rio
will teach a special introductory lesson on ceili from
7:30-8:30 pm. Ceili is a called Irish dance done in sets
(somewhat similar in structure to contra dance if you are
familiar with that).

Afterward the lesson, we will have our usual open dancing
time with music of various styles and tempos, including
waltz, polka, schottische, swing, bachata, and salsa. Send
us any song requests!

And we'll have St. Patrick's Day snacks!

The Hulsizer room is at the front of Ashdown, on the corner
of Albany and Pacific. To get in, go through the main lobby
and let the front desk staff know you're going to an event
in Hulsizer. They will let you in and direct you across the
courtyard to the Hulsizer room.

 https://stuff.mit.edu/~kenta/waltz/
 https://www.facebook.com/events/424134218336403/

Our next dance after this one will be Saturday, March 30.

--ken