[TCCM] TCC Education Talk on 10/29

Raul E Hernandez rhern at mit.edu
Tue Oct 17 10:57:01 EDT 2023

Hello, everyone!

On Sunday, October 29, we will be having a lecture given by Fr. Peter Gyves, who is a Jesuit priest, and is the founder and director of A Faith That Does Justice, Inc., an interfaith organization that raises consciousness about social issues affecting the most vulnerable among us and offers opportunities for people to walk in solidarity with those who our society marginalizes. This lecture will happen in the W11 Main Dining Room at 6:30 PM. Refreshments will be served at 6:15 PM. Q&A will follow the lecture. If you would like to attend, please RSVP at this<https://forms.gle/bh7XVrWXf5udxhvw8> link. Below are further details about the talk:

Title:
"Catholic Social Teaching, Immigration, and a Catholic Response"

Abstract:
He will speak at 3 levels: 1) Catholic Social Teaching; 2) Immigration; 3) the work of A Faith That Does Justice, the organization Fr. Peter Gyves directs that is a call to action from a faith perspective.

This lecture is made possible by a grant from the Catherine McLaughlin-Hakim Fund.

We hope to see you there! Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

God bless,

Raul Hernandez