[TCCM] TODAY Pope Francis & Holy Land

Michael Medas mmedas at mit.edu
Tue Oct 17 09:37:19 EDT 2023

“Dear brothers and sisters!

I continue to follow with great sorrow what is happening in Israel and Palestine. I think again of the many… in particular of the children and the elderly. I renew my appeal for the freeing of the hostages and I strongly ask that children, the sick, the elderly, women, and all civilians not be made victims of the conflict. Humanitarian law is to be respected, especially in Gaza, where it is urgent and necessary to ensure humanitarian corridors and to come to the aid of the entire population. Brothers and sisters, already many have died. Please, let no more innocent blood be shed, neither in the Holy Land nor in Ukraine, nor in any other place! Enough! Wars are always a defeat, always!

Prayer is the meek and holy force to oppose the diabolical force of hatred, terrorism and war. I invite all believers to join with the Church in the Holy Land and to dedicate next Tuesday, 17 October, to prayer and fasting.”  Pope Francis | 15 Oct 2023 - Angelus

The Holy Father urges us to pray the rosary today and spend some time before the Blessed Sacrament seeking peace for all in the Holy Land.  In the sacrifice of Fasting, a person is permitted to eat one full meal, as well as two smaller meals that together are not equal to a full meal.

This would be a great day to attend Holy Mass (12:05pm).  Remember, we have exposition and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday, 10:00pm – 11:00pm in our chapel.  The rosary is prayed at 10:15pm.  As we pray for the people of the Holy Land, we include the members of our MIT community who are hurting as a result of the violence in the Holy Land.

Blessings and peace,

Fr Michael

Reverend Michael B. Medas, MSW
Catholic Chaplain | Director of Catholic Ministry
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
W11-012
40 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139

“Jesus loves you always, even when you don’t feel worthy.
When not accepted by others, even by yourself sometimes,
He is the one who always accepts you.  Only believe, you are precious to Him.
Bring all you are suffering to His feet, only open your heart to be loved by Him as you are.
He will do the rest.”  Saint Mother Teresa