[TCCM] Sloth, Leisure, and Love

Michael Medas mmedas at mit.edu
Tue Feb 28 09:34:02 EST 2023

Sloth, Leisure, and Love:  How to Live Well EVEN at University.  A lecture by Dr R.J. Snell.

We’re obsessed with racking up credentials and awards, fearful we’ll fall behind. It turns out we’re not majoring in physics or sociology so much as majoring in fear, terrified that we might fail at school and at life. So, we’re busy and very, very, anxious. It turns out, though, this is actually a form of sloth (acedia), but genuine education starts with leisure and ends in love.

If the above describes any part of your life, join us on Thursday, March 16th, at 7:30pm.  Location TBD.   Don’t miss out!  Refreshments will be served before the lecture.