[TCCM] Thanksgiving Blessings!

Michael Medas mmedas at mit.edu
Thu Nov 24 15:10:45 EST 2022

Friends,

The holiday of Thanksgiving offers us a chance to step back and take stock of all our blessings: friends, family, health, education, Faith, work, etc.

Today is a chance to slow down and simply rest in, above all, God's abundant goodness. God willed us into being, supplying our very breath out of sheer love.  He sent his only Son to die for our sin so that we may have life and life in abundance! (John 10:10).  Beyond that, God gave us his Church and the Sacraments to feed and sustain us for this earthly pilgrimage.

In fact, the word "Eucharist" comes from the Greek term for "Thanksgiving." (Koinonia equates to "sharing," where we get "Communion").  The entire Christian story is one of being a gift, of being created out of and responding to Love, and living a life of profound Thanksgiving.

How will we show our thanks to God today?

Blessings to you and all those you hold in your heart!