[TCCM] New Year Blessings

Michael Medas mmedas at mit.edu
Sat Dec 31 14:15:24 EST 2022

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

As we are on the verge of a New Year, permit me this moment to express my gratitude for the way your faith allows God’s presence to be felt and known at MIT.  All of us have moments when it is easy to follow and love God, times when it is challenging, and even moments when we fail.  Be assured that God sees the desire of your heart.  Knowingly and unknowingly, you are God’s face and heart on campus.  Thank you.

Below is a passage from Sacred Scripture and a quote from Saint Pope John XXIII, for the New Year.  May you always know how much God cherishes you!

Blessed New Year!

   Fr Michael

Sacred Scripture:

1 Corinthians 13:1 - 8

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.  Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right.  Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

Saint Pope John XXIII:

“Seek what unites, not what divides you one from another.”