[TCCM] TCC Council Elections coming up!

Sophia M Mittman smittman at mit.edu
Sun Nov 28 13:02:12 EST 2021

Hello all, happy First Sunday of Advent!

As December nears, TCC Council Elections are right around the corner in a week, next Sunday, Dec. 5th in W11 Dining Room, 11:30 am. Us seniors will not be able to run for positions again, sadly. If you are an undergraduate or graduate student who would like to run for a position, just show up there next Sunday!

We are the TCC. You are the TCC. It sounds cheesy, but seriously, the TCC would not be what it is right now if not for undergrads and grads involved to plan and help at TCC social events, talks, prayer, dinners, and more, making everyone as welcomed as possible. The foundation of our vibrant TCC Community stems from the TCC Council.

Do you want to be a part of it? Do you have ideas for events, prayer, or community service that you would like to see in the TCC? You can make it happen! We want (we NEED) your ideas and talents! Again, YOU are the TCC!

Regarding commitment: a position lasts from December through December of the following year. During the semesters, there are 1-hour long monthly TCC Council meetings in W11 at 11:30 am on Sunday (after 9:30 am Mass coffee and donuts). For each position, you get out of it what you put in. Many positions are chill, but may require up to a couple hours per week, and sometimes more during weeks when there are larger celebrations or events. Seniors who had the roles will be able to help you out in the spring semester as you begin your new role on the council.

Please take some time this week to consider joining the TCC council and pray on it! Positions that seniors are leaving empty are attached, with their contact info if you have questions!

Best,

Sophia Mittman | Class of 2022
TCC Music Director, Prayer Chair, Social Commitee Member
Massachusetts Institute of Technology