[TCCM] TCC Lecture on Human Suffering

Carene T Umubyeyi cumubyey at mit.edu
Tue Mar 9 12:44:12 EST 2021

Hi everyone,

The Tech Catholic Community is hosting a Lenten lecture next Saturday March 20th at 11 AM EST titled “Human Suffering: Punishment from God, a Random Act, Neither, or Both?”.

About:
We all know good people who have suffered terrible loss or insurmountable pain.  Whether this suffering may have come from the hands of others or from embedded injustice, it usually leads to our asking where God is in the midst of this existential mayhem. Fr. Michael Patella, a Benedictine monk from Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minnesota, will probe this question by examining Scripture with an eye for the connection between human suffering and Christ’s redemptive sacrifice.

Presenter:
Fr. Michael Patella, OBS, DSS is a Benedictine monk and professor of New Testament at Saint John’s University in Minnesota.

To sign up, please fill out this google form<https://forms.gle/eQnr3CG5yUmfLKUF7> as soon as possible to receive the zoom link. All are welcome!

In Christ,

Carene Umubyeyi
TCC Publicity Chair