[TCCM] Invitation to a second community dialogue

Carene T Umubyeyi cumubyey at mit.edu
Fri Jun 12 10:10:40 EDT 2020

Dear TCC community,

The TCC council would first like to send out a message of solidarity with the Black community in standing against all forms of racism, and emphasize that as Catholics we believe that all people, regardless of race, are created in the image of God. Recent national events have revealed a long history of injustice against our African American brothers and sisters. This is a time of grieving for many members of this community who have experienced racism in their lives or in their communities, and we as a council would like to express that we are praying for you and are here for you in this time.

We also would like to acknowledge that this is a difficult time for our community, and that many members of this community were hurt by the email sent out by Fr. Moloney last week. Thank you to all those who attended our community forum this past Tuesday, and for courageously sharing what you are going through. We as a council would also like to acknowledge the positive ways Fr. Moloney has impacted the TCC and helped students and alumni in this community grow in their faith. His recent email is not a reflection of his entire ministry at MIT, and many members of our community are also saddened by the news of his resignation. Please keep Fr. Moloney and our future new Chaplain in your prayers.

The TCC council is determined to help our community continue to heal and grow. We are organizing a second community wide forum this coming Tuesday June 16th at 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM EDT (Zoom link below) to discuss specific action items we can do to help foster compassion and understanding in our community, and invite everyone into active participation in the life of the Church. Some specific questions that we would like for you all to think about before our next forum are the following:

  *   How can the TCC be more inclusive?
  *   If you are involved with the TCC, why did you choose to be involved?
  *   If you are not very involved in the TCC, what are things we could improve upon to help you feel more welcome if you would like to be more involved?

We want to emphasize again that the TCC council is here for you all. You can always reach out to us if you need support or someone to talk to, or just have questions in general.

Sincerely,

Carene Umubyeyi
TCC Publicity Chair

Carene T Umubyeyi is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Second TCC Discussion
Join Zoom Meeting
https://mit.zoom.us/j/98602022275?pwd=TjNMZUFCOGE2UktNT2tsdVhVZnlIQT09

Password: 438289

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,98602022275# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,98602022275# US (New York)

Meeting ID: 986 0202 2275
Password: 438289

US : +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833

International Numbers: https://mit.zoom.us/u/adnwdpumn1