[TCCM] TCC discussion group on issues of racial injustice

Carene T Umubyeyi cumubyey at mit.edu
Fri Jul 10 08:47:34 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that one of our education chairs Keith is beginning a Tech Catholic Community discussion group on issues of racial injustice in the United States and around the world. We have organized a list of relevant documents from the United States Council of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and the Holy See regarding these topics, which will help guide our discussions. At each meeting, we will discuss what the Catholic Church teaches about these issues and what we as Catholics can do to combat racism and better build up the diverse Body of Christ in our Church and in our communities. We also wish to create a safe space to learn from and share with one another our experiences, and how this may affect our lives on a day to day basis.

This discussion group will meet on Tuesdays at 6 PM EDT, starting this coming Tuesday, July 14th. The first document we will use to guide the discussion is the USCCB’s pastoral letter against racism titled Open Wide our Hearts which can be found here<http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-life-and-dignity/racism/upload/open-wide-our-hearts.pdf>. Keith will send out a Zoom invitation and link closer to our meeting date.

All are welcome, and hope to see you all there!

In Christ,
Carene