[TCCM] TCC Bulletin 26 May 2019

Kevin Limanta klimanta at mit.edu
Mon May 27 18:26:57 EDT 2019

Hey friends!

Here is the bulletin for week starting on Sunday, May 26, 2019. This Thursday will be a day of obligation thus we will have two Masses offered in the MIT chapel.

Bulletin link: http://web.mit.edu/tcc/archives/public/bulletin/2019/bulletin.2019-5-26.pdf

This week's main contents are:

  *   W11 is on MIT ID access only – so have your ID with you, and don’t hold doors open for others, please!
  *   Sunday Masses: Our Summer Schedule for our Sunday Masses is starting TODAY with ONE Mass on Sundays at 10 AM in the MIT Chapel.
  *   Weekday Masses: Our Weekday Masses ended and will resume with the Fall Semester.
  *   Mass for the Feast of the Ascension of the Lord:  Thursday, May 30 at 12:05 PM and 5:15 PM in the MIT Chapel.
  *   Graduate Student Email List: Join the tcc-grads email list (go to MIT’s WebMoria list manager) to hear about upcoming events for TCC graduate students.
  *   All are invited to the following events: Graduation Mass, Alumni Vigil Mass, Sunday Mass. Please bring family and friends!
  *   Graduating students and all those leaving us, please sign up for our alumni email list
  *   Help us help others – Graduating students please stay in touch! Please make sure you are listed as Catholic on WebSIS.
  *   Modern Science and the Catholic Faith for Undergraduates
  *   Study St. Jerome this Summer

Weekly ongoing events:

  *   Do BBMSK!
  *   Integrity at MIT: Men’s Chastity Group
  *   Drop-in Grief Support Group

W11 is on MIT ID access only – so have your ID with you, and don’t hold doors open for others, please!

Sunday Masses: Our Summer Schedule for our Sunday Masses is starting TODAY with ONE Mass on Sundays at 10 AM in the MIT Chapel.

Weekday Masses: Our Weekday Masses ended and will resume with the Fall Semester.

Mass for the Feast of the Ascension of the Lord:  Thursday, May 30 at 12:05 PM and 5:15 PM in the MIT Chapel.

All are invited to the following events. Please bring family and friends!

  *   Graduation Masses:   Thursday, June 6 at 4:30 PM / MIT Chapel. Reception will follow in W11/MDR.
  *   Alumni Vigil Mass: Saturday, June 8 at 4:30 PM / MIT Chapel. Reception will follow in W11/MDR
  *   Mass: Sunday, June 9 at 10 AM / MIT Chapel. Community Reception will follow in W11/MDR

Graduating Students and all those leaving us….

Help us help others – Graduating students please stay in touch! Please make sure you are listed as Catholic on WebSIS. TCC will send you an annual newsletter to keep you up to date on our activities.

  1.  Log on to WebSIS ( http://student.mit.edu )
  2.  Choose ‘For Students – Personal Records’
  3.  Choose ‘Biographic Record’
  4.  Choose ‘Optional Religious Affiliation’

Modern Science and the Catholic Faith for Undergraduates: The Society of Catholic Scientists is sponsoring a summer seminar where students can discuss with top scholars how to integrate science and theology into their thinking. Topics include: the historical relationship of the Church and science; the relation of faith and reason; evidence for God in the existence and order of the cosmos; God and nature; primary and secondary causality; the supernatural and miracles; modern physics and natural theology; creation and providence; the beginning of the universe and modern cosmology; God and time; human origins and human distinctiveness; rationality, freedom, and the soul; physicalist reductionism and the human mind; Genesis and scriptural interpretation; biological evolution; biology and human nature; and the Fall, original sin and concupiscence.  It will be held near New Orleans from 7/28-8/3.  Free, with a stipend to defray travel costs.  Register at: http://lumenchristi.org/seminars/1908

Study St. Jerome this Summer: St. Jerome translated the entirety of the Bible into Latin and wrote biblical commentaries that for centuries were the foundation of theology. This August 18-24, St. Benedict’s Monastery in Still River, MA will be hosting a seminar with top scholars discussing the writings of St. Jerome. Free, with a $300 travel stipend. See www.abbey.org/visit/saint-benedict-institute<http://www.abbey.org/visit/saint-benedict-institute>  for application and details.

BBMSK (Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen):  We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and Cambridge giving out socks, sandwiches, and a friendly presence to folks we come across on the street. 6:00 PM on Tuesdays at W11 or 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's Shrine.  For more info, visit bbmsk.org

Integrity at MIT: Contact integrity at mit.edu for more information and times of weekly meetings.

The following programs ended:
- Adoration
- RCIA
- FOCUS Bible Study
- Spaghetti Supper
- TCC Grad. Student Dinner
- Women’s Discernment Group
- Melchizedek Group

Drop-in Grief Support Group: Tuesdays from 5–6pm in W20-30. Open to students of all religious, spiritual, moral, and ethical viewpoints. See http://calendar.mit.edu/event/life_after_loss_drop-in_support_group

In Christ, the Risen Lord,
Kevin Limanta
tcc-webmaster at mit.edu