[TCCM] Today: Fr. Philip Larrey, From Automated Work to Virtual Wars

Brian Gilligan gilligan at mit.edu
Thu Apr 20 09:19:10 EDT 2017

Today:

From Automated Work to Virtual Wars:  New Digital Technologies at the Service of Human Values
Thursday, April 20
11:45-1:00
E51-315

The world as we know it is changing. Driverless cars, drone deliveries and autonomous weapon systems are no longer the stuff of science fiction. But what’s next for technology and business, and how will it impact our society? Fr. Philip Larrey from the Pontifical Lateran University in Rome has recently published a book Connected World in which he interviewed leaders of the digital age, including Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO of WPP, Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google’s parent company Alphabet, and Maurice Lévy, CEO of Publicis Groupe. Topics of these discussions ranged from the death of privacy to the rise of artificial intelligence. Fr. Larrey will present the highlights of these discussions about what the future will look like and what consequences it might have for human values.