[TCCM] Events for the Week of 11/12

Joe Pokora jpokora at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 13 11:23:38 EST 2006

This is MIT's Tech Catholic Community's (TCC) weekly email.
To unsubscribe use the list web page:
For up-to-date information: http://web.mit.edu/tcc/www/

---------------------------
TCC Events for the Week of 11/12
---------------------------

- Filipino Mass
- Enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner with TCC

- Mass Times
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Monday Nights
- Graduate Scripture Study

- Interfaith Community Service, Nov 18

- St. Ann Parish's Events for Young Adults

---------------------------
Sign-ups and one-time events
---------------------------

- Filipino Mass
Sunday, December 19th @ 1pm
In English with Filipino Choir. All are invited.

- Enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner with TCC
We wil be enjoying turkey plus fixings from 4-8pm in McCormick Country
Kitchen! Everyone is welcome! Dinner is free thanks to the GSC Funding
Board. A home-cooked potluck style meal is planned, so if you would like
to bring a dish serving 6-8 people, contact Elizabeth (e_basha at mit.edu).
You will be reimbursed. You do not have to bring anything to enjoy the
food. Please RSVP to Elizabeth by 11/21 to guarentee we have enough food.

---------------------------
Ongoing Events
---------------------------

- Mass Times
Mass is held Tuesdays and Fridays when classes are in session at 12:05
in the MIT Chapel and on Sunday at 9:30 am, 1:00 pm, and 5:00 pm in the
MIT Chapel.

- Eucharistic Adoration
Eucharistic Adoration on Wednesday evenings 7-8pm in the MIT Chapel.

- Sacrament of Reconciliation
For those interested in receiving the sacrament of Reconciliation, Fr.
Clancy is offering regular hours for confessions on Wednesday evenings
from approximately 7-8pm (during Eucharistic Exposition) in the lower
level of the chapel. For more information, please contact Fr. Clancy at
clancyrf at comcast.net

- Monday Nights
Monday night pasta plus is held in the W11 Main Dining Room from 7-9pm
and includes dinner.
** Nov 13 - Archdiocesan Pro-Life Office/Project Rachel Night
** Nov 20 - TBA

- Graduate Scripture Study
Father Clancy will lead the Graduate Scripture Study group in exploring
Romans and Galatians this semester.  We will meet Wednesdays at 6pm.
11/15 is in 1-136; 11/22 is in W11 SDR.

---------------------------
Volunteer Opportunities
---------------------------

- Interfaith Community Service, Nov 18
Volunteer with MIT Students of various religios groups next Saturday at
"Cradles to Crayons", email Jeanne (jlafor at mit.edu) to sign up.
NOTE CHANGE: The event will likely be 8-10:30am instead of the original
10:30 am-3pm. Email Jeanne for most up to date information.

Non-TCC Events (Catholic and Interdenominational)

- St. Ann Parish's Events for Young Adults
Two upcoming events from St. Ann in Somerville (www.stannsomerville.org)
Nov 18 - Dinner at 7pm, quiz night at 8pm. Bring a team of 6 or join one
on site. Cost: $10 including dinner and prizes. MUST BE 21 OR OLDER.
Nov 20 - 7pm, "Theology on Tap": Join them in the rear room of the
Burren in Davis Square, Somerville.