[TCCM] Events for the week of 10/25

Paul Harrison Elliott pelliott at MIT.EDU
Sun Oct 24 23:10:06 EDT 2004

This is a weekly email sent out to all members of MIT's Tech Catholic
Community (TCC) announcing the events of the upcoming week.

To unsubscribe use the list web page:

This information can generally be found on the TCC webpage:
http://web.mit.edu/tcc/www/

---------------------------
TCC Events for 10/25
---------------------------

- World Youth Day committee
- Intramural (IM) Sports (Basketball Sign-up, Soccer Schedule)

- Monday Night
- Weekly Prayer Schedule
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Mid-Week Mass Schedule

- Sunday Meal with Bread and Jam

- Interdenominational Bible Study
- French Interdenominational Bible Study
- Spanish Catholic Group
- Talk by Eve Sanchez Silver
- Interfaith (Islam)

---------------------------
Sign-ups and one-time events
---------------------------

- World Youth Day committee
Interested in meeting young Catholics from all over the World?  The Holy
Father is once more inviting youths (16 to 30 year old) to gather, this
time in Cologne, Germany, from August 15th to August 21th.  TCC would
like to form its own World Youth Day (WYD) committee.  If you think you
might be interested in joining the pilgrims or you just want to learn
more about WYD, please sign up after mass next week.  For more info:
contact Jeanne Lafortune, jlafor at mit.edu.

- IM Sports
* Basketball
TCC IM Basketball is starting up.  Please email steve_e at mit.edu if you
would like to play.  All abilities are welcome.
* Soccer
The next TCC IM soccer game is scheduled for Wednesday October 27, at
7:30 p.m. on the astro turf. Please wear dark a shirt. Email
steve_e at mit.edu to be added to the roster. All abilities are welcome.

---------------------------
Ongoing Events
---------------------------

- Monday Nights
We're sad to report than Ann Orland cannot make it this week.  Instead
we will be watching a movie and having a discussion about it.
As always, great free food and awesome people - 7-9
in w-11 MDH.

- Prayer This Week
Liturgy of the Hours - M-F 7:30am, 6:15pm, Sat 7:00am, 6:00pm, Sun
8:30am, 6:15pm.
Rosary - daily 15 minutes after the start of Liturgy of the Hours.
Meet in Chapel.  Contact Joel (joel_f at mit.edu) for more information.
If you don't see us in the chapel we are probably either downstairs
or just outside the chapel.

- Eucharistic Adoration
Join us Tuesday at 7:00pm for Eucharistic Adoration in the Chapel.

- Mid-Week Mass
Join us Tuesday and Friday for Mass from 12:05pm - ~12:35pm in the
Chapel.

---------------------------
Volunteer Opportunities
---------------------------

- Sunday Meal with Bread and Jam
November Volunteer Event
SUNDAY MEAL WITH BREAD & JAMS
Bread & Jams is a charitable organization that assists people at
transitions in their lives when they find themselves at risk or
homeless.  TCC will be helping to prepare and serve their weekly Sunday
Meal.  We would like to have 8-10 volunteers per shift.
* DATE: Sunday, November 7
* LOCATION: St. James' Episcopal Church, 1991 Mass Ave., Porter Square
* MEET: 30 min before assigned shift at Kendall outbound T entrance
* TIME: (sign up for 1 or more shifts)  2:00 - 4:00 pm; 4:00 - 5:30
pm;  5:30 - 7:30 pm
* SIGN-UP: Contact Christine (chrisng at mit.edu) with your preferred shift
time(s).

---------------------------
Non-TCC Events (Catholic and Interdenominational)
---------------------------

- Interdenominational Bible Study
Hey guys, as promised we're gonna start getting the ball rolling on
this. The study would be topically based; each week we'd select a topic
of interest to discuss (i.e. Mary, the saints, authority of the church,
faith and works, etc. etc.). The discussion is deep and the questions
are often difficult, but it is an excellent way to grow in your
understanding of the faith.  We will be meeting for the first time
Sunday 10/17 at 2:00pm in the middle of the Student Center.  We may
start out meeting every other week.  If you'd like more information,
contact Joel (joel_f at mit.edu).

- French Interdenominational Bible Study
Voila un petit courriel, pour vous annoncer que nous sommes un petit
groupe de francophones a nous reunir hebdomadairement pour discuter des
tresors caches d'un livre, vieux de plusieurs millenaires et pourtant
toujours d'actualite: la Bible. Que vous n'ayez jamais ouvert une Bible
ou que vous soyez docteur en theologie, vous etes tous bienvenus a ces
discussions informelles! Si vous etes interesses, venez nous rejoindre
les mercredis a 18h00, dans la Chem Eng lounge (66-201).

- Spanish Catholic Group
TRAS EL MAESTRO DE GALILEA!
Deseas compartir tus vivencias cotidianas a la luz del
Evangelio, profundizar en tu Fe, orar juntos y hacer
amigos?
Te esperamos cada miercoles de 7pm a 8:30pm en 1105
Boylston St. Boston,MA (entra por la puerta principal
de la Iglesia, doblas a la izquierda, y sigues derecho
hasta el saln.)
Para mayor informacin: Contactarse con: Ana Luca
Vlieg: anaenpascua at hotmail.com telefono: (617)
437-1495

- Talk by Eve Sanchez Silver
MIT Pro-Life would like to invite you to a talk by Eve Sanchez Silver
entitled "'Pink Money' and the Link Between Abortion and Breast Cancer"
on Tuesday October 26 at 8PM in 5-217.
http://events.mit.edu/scripts/event.pl?87804

- Interfaith (Islam)
Enjoy a thoughtful discussion among different campus groups on
spirituality and religious beliefs.  All over a delicious dinner!
THE MIT MUSLIM STUDENTS ASSOCIATION INVITES YOU!
The RAMADAN at MIT Interfaith Dinner - THREE Religions in Conversation!
Monday, October 25th, 2003, 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Walker Memorial Dining Hall
With participation by Jewish, Christian and Muslim student groups.
Funded by the Dean of Graduate Students, the ARCADE Fund, and the Campus
Committee on Race Relations
The topic for the night, decided jointly by the interfaith groups, is:
PRAYER: Its Meaning, Role and Purpose in our Lives.
For more information about Ramadan at MIT and the Interfaith Dinner, go to:
http://web.mit.edu/mitmsa/www/resources/ramadanmit.htm
For questions and concerns, please contact Saba Gul <saba at mit.edu>