[TCCM] TCC - MIT Giving Tree

Christine Ng chrisng at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 24 11:04:49 EST 2004

Dear TCC community,

This year TCC is going to participate in the annual MIT Giving Tree, which
is coordinated by the MIT Public Service Center.

The MIT Giving Tree allows us to provide holiday gifts to needy children in
the Cambridge and Boston area. The Public Service Center and Panhellenic
Association work with 15 local agencies to collect gift requests from
hundreds of children. Each gift request is then individually matched to a
Giving Tree participant, making the Giving Tree a more personalized
experience for everyone. For more information about gift suggestions and
participating agencies, see http://web.mit.edu/mitpsc/programs/givingtree

I have 24 labels for children of different ages.  Their age, gender, and
gift request (e.g. clothes, books, games, etc) are written on the
label.  If you are interested in buying a gift (in the $10-25 range) for a
child, there are 2 ways for you to get a label -

(1) Email me (chrisng at mit.edu), and include your gender preference and age
(I have kids of ages 3, 10, 12, and 13), and I will assign you a label via
email.
	or
(2) When you go to Mass this Sunday, pick up a label and information sheet.
	or
(3) Visit the Public Service Center in 4-104 and pick up your own label.

The gifts are to be wrapped and dropped off at 4-104 by MONDAY, DECEMBER 13.
We will be wrapping the gifts at the TCC Christmas Craft Fair on Monday,
DECEMBER 6, so you can just bring your label and unwrapped gift to Mass on
Dec. 5 or to the Monday night craft fair on Dec. 6.

Christine