[Tango-L] Very smooth tango

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 6 11:13:11 EST 2009

    Osvaldo Zotto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9mGaSPm97A

    Damian
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2NgcJxfmdhk&feature=related

Here we have two couples dancing tango.  Osvaldo Zotto one of the best dancers of traditional tango (IMO).

Perfect posture, V embrace open or closed as needed, stepping with toes first, long steps. Perfect tecnique, use of figures, mixed with walks, and pauses; as well as the use of variation in dynamics, according to the music.

Feeling, connection and passion are present.  .

Gives to the figures the same importance as to the walks

Damian has mostly an open embrace, perhaps to open, good posture, has good knowledge of tango choreography, using multiple elements, sucha as boleos, amagues, cuchillas, etc.

He obviously gives more importance to the figures than to the walks (that are absent), there is no feeling, no passion, no pauses,

An example of tango choreography used by somebody that has no feeling for the authentic Argentine tango music, somebody that
probably dances tango to "non-tango music".   The result is a tango that looks like a fox-trot.

Having said that, I must accept that Damian's dancing is esthetically beautiful as well, but different from that of Osvaldo.
He is technically a good dancer and probably a teacher as well.  He shows better feeling and connection when dancing to non-tango music.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=6wMpBBqcCB8&feature=related

Best regards, Sergio