[Tango-L] Smooth Tango :: Two tone wingtips do not a leader make

Alex alex at tangofuego.us
Fri Feb 6 11:00:48 EST 2009

Hola Richard,

No I didn't write that document...will have to read it later...running out
the door...

That may be my bad as far as equating salon to open and milonguero to
close... that's what I've been taught by the multitude of teachers I've
studied with...and gleaned from the research I've done...

That salon and close embrace are danced to different tempos - this is the
first time I have ever heard this...

A better way to say it may be that close embrace almost never compromises
the embrace...and salon almost always compromises the embrace...am I wrong
about this?

I think part of the difficulty in communicating about tango is that we all
have different perceptions and understandings about the various terminology
and pedagogy....

I've been dancing for 4-1/2 years, but still consider myself a
beginner...and will for another 8 years or so... 10,000 hours or 12 years,
whichever comes first, seems to be the cusp...

Take care,

Alex
www.alextangofuego.blogspot.com