[Tango-A] NA-C: Chicago Mini Tango Festival - 3 Week Notice

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 10:22:14 EDT 2012

The 2012 Chicago Mini Tango Festival will start in three weeks.  It will be held at the Hilton Rosemont from April 19 to April 22, 2012.

Please join us and our other guests from Japan; United Kingdom; Costa Rica; Calgary, Edmonton, and Toronto, Canada; and over 30 states.

Instructors and Djs
The instructors include Susana Miller, Osvaldo Natucci and Enriqueta Kleinman, Oscar Casas and Ana Miguel, Daniela Pucci and Luis Bianchi, and Liz Haight and Masami Hirokowa.   DJs include Osvaldo Natucci,  Lampis Zalavras, Linda Valentino, Derrick Del Pilar, and Beth Ann Osborne. We have added Paul Akmajian, Barry Gillaspie, and Tony Costantino as Guest DJs.  More information on the instructors  and DJs can be obtained by connecting: http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Instructors.php

Schedule
The complete workshop schedule for the Festival now has now been published on the website.  We will have nine milongas, and 18 workshops for Festival attendees, in addition to three Master Classes.

Workshop Enrollment
Workshops have limited enrollment and are close to being filled.  If you haven't already registered, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible.  Please make sure to register for the classes if you have already signed up for the Festival.   For more details go to http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Schedule.php.

Registration
The link to register for the Festival is:  http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Payment_Registration.php .

Private lessons
The instructors will be teaching private lessons, always on a limited basis. In order to maximize the use of time and space, the Festival organizers will coordinate the private class schedule.  Please contact us with specifics of your request at info at chicagotangofestival.com and we will contact the instructor to confirm his/her availability.

Lodging
We have obtained a special $109+tax/rate per night for 1-4 people at the Rosemont Hilton.   Our room block has only about 10 king rooms left. .  For more details and to register at the hotel, go to: http://rosemont.hilton.com/cmtf .  The room block is only available until April 5th.

Air Travel & Car Rental
American Airlines is offering discounted airfares to Chicago O'Hare for this event. To obtain the discount for either domestic or international travel to Chicago between April 5 and May 5, go online to www.aa.com and choose More Flight Search Options and insert the Promotion Code (6142DA) in the appropriate box or call the American Airlines Meeting Services Desk at  1-800-433-1790 and refer to Autorization Number (6142DA) .

For Special Car Rental Discounts with Avis, call  (888) 331-1600  and reference Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) Number (D757308).

Master Classes
The two Master classes for the advanced dancer taught by Susana Miller are closed.  Please email us at info at chicagotangofestival.com if you would like to be added to the waiting list.  There is limited space available in the master class taught by Osvaldo Natucci.

Any of the Master classes require prior permission.  The Master Classes are not part of the Festival package and are limited to individuals that purchase the full Festival passes or one of the weekend workshop passes.  For more information go to: http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Masterclass.php.

Intensive Beginners Program
We will have a three-day Intensive Workshops for Beginners for those who have never danced tango or have danced tango for less than 3 or 4 months. (http://chicagotangofestival.com/Beginners.php)  This year the program has been expanded to a three-day, five class program, taught by Liz Haight & Masami Hirokawa and Enriqueta Kleinman & Osvaldo Natucci.  Beginners may register either individually, or with a partner.  Please email info at chicagotangofestival.com prior to registering for the classes.  There are about 10 spaces left in the class.

Vendors
We are delighted to have Jorge Nel and his Mr. Tango shoes,
JuliaBella and comme il faut shoes, Soft Chocolate Tango Inspired
Designs, and tango fashions by Tangoleva at the Festival this year.

Subscribe to our mailing list
Let your friends know that they can subscribe to our mailing  by going to our website link:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Contact_Information.php

Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago in April.

Take care,
Ray Barbosa
Chicago Milonguero, Ltd.
www.chicagotangofestival.com