[Tango-A] NA-C: Chicago Mini Tango Festival - one week update

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 03:27:31 EDT 2012

Here is our one week update for the Chicago Mini Tango Festival:

* Hilton Rosemont discount rate ends today, Thursday, April 12
* Online registration closes on Sunday,  April 15
* Most workshops are nearly filled
* Chacarera class with Leroy and Phoebe
* Very few spaces available in the "Intensive Beginners" Program
* Special Air and Car Rental discounts

The 2012 Chicago Mini Tango Festival will start next Thursday.  It will be held at the Hilton Rosemont from April 19 to April 22, 2012.

Lodging
We have obtained a special $109+tax/rate per night for 1-4 people at the Hilton Rosemont.   Our room block has is almost filled and will close on April 12. For more details and to register at the hotel, go
to rosemont.hilton.com/cmtf.  If anyone has a room to share or is
interested in sharing, please send us an email to info at chicagotangofestival.com. We have both a female looking for a roommate and also a male looking for a roommate.

Registration
Registration for the Festival is only available by online registration until Sunday, April 19.  To register for the Festival, go here: http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Payment_Registration.php. Some workshop passes are not available. The all-milonga passes (10 milongas) are still available but may sell out.

Schedule
Workshops are close to being filled. If you haven't already registered, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible.   Please make sure to register for the classes if you have already signed up for the Festival.  We have added a chacarera class, as a second pre-milonga option, to be taught by Leroy Hearon and Phoebe J. Grant on Saturday evening. To see the Schedule go to this link: http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Schedule.php

Private lessons
The instructors will be teaching private lessons, always on a limited basis during the Festival.  Please contact us with specifics of your request at info at chicagotangofestival.com. Susana Miller, Osvaldo Natucci, and Enriqueta Kleinman will be available in Chicago for a few days before and after the Festival for private lessons.

Air Travel & Car Rental
American Airlines is offering discounted airfares to Chicago O'Hare for this event. To obtain the discount for either domestic or international travel to Chicago between April 5 and May 5, go online to www.aa.com and choose More Flight Search Options and insert the Promotion Code (6142DA) in the appropriate box or call the American Airlines Meeting Services Desk at  1-800-433-1790 and refer to Authorization Number (6142DA) .

For Special Car Rental Discounts with Avis, call (888) 331-1600  and reference Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) Number (D757308).

Master Classes
There is limited space available in the master class taught by Osvaldo Natucci. This Master Class is not part of the Festival package and is limited to individuals that purchase the full Festival passes or one of the weekend workshop passes.  For more information go to: http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Masterclass.php .

Intensive Beginners Program
We will have a three-day Intensive Workshops for Beginners for those who have never danced tango or have danced tango for less than 3 or 4 months. Beginners may register either individully, or with a partner.  Please email info at chicagotangofestival.com prior to registering for the classes. The program is close to being filled.  For more info go to: http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Beginners.php

Vendors
We are delighted to have Jorge Nel and his Mr. Tango shoes,JuliaBella and comme il faut shoes, Soft Chocolate Tango Inspired Designs, and tango fashions by Tangoleva at the Festival this year.  We will also have Kelly Custer doing massages and foot reflexology.

Subscribe to our mailing list
Let your friends know that they can subscribe to our mailing list by going to the link on our website: http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Contact_Information.php

Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago in April.

Take care,
Ray Barbosa
Chicago Milonguero, Ltd.
www.chicagotangofestival.com