[Tango-A] NA-C: Maxi Gluzman tango workshop June 10-12, 2011 - Memphis, TN

Octavia Perryman Ashby okperryman at bellsouth.net
Fri May 27 14:03:12 EDT 2011

Memphis Argentine Tango Society

Master Teacher Series

Presents

Maximiliano Gluzman

Maxi is one of the top milongueros of the new generation in Argentina.  Maxi
teaches a tango based upon communication between dancers in a continuous
close embrace, musical interpretation and respectful navigation on the dance
floor. Consequently, his lessons are based on posture, leading and
following, and musicality as a source of creativity. He focuses on
improvisation as key to developing a dance that is fun & enjoyable for the
couple, while still comfortably circulating in a limited space.

Fri    June 10th 2011                   7:00pm – 8:30pm

MidSouth World Dance Center,  3100 Walnut Grove # 204, Memphis, TN

Basics and Fundamentals:   A class for both the complete beginner and the
seasoned tanguero.  Discover how much fun tango can be and refresh some
skills.  The perfect opportunity to get your tango started on the right
foot.     (special intro price $20)

Sat     June 11th 2011

Sat and Sun workshops at Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 6645 Poplar Ave.
(Carrefour Mall) Ste 206, Memphis, TN

Class I:   1:00pm – 2:30pm  FLOWING GIROS IN WALTZ. In this lesson we will
work with new material, combining the motions of walking and giros.
Class II:  3:00pm – 4:30pm  MIRROR STEPS: In this lesson we will learn steps
as both leaders and followers mirror each other.

Sun    June 12th     2011

Class III:   12:00pm – 1:30pm   CROSSES IN MILONGA: In this lesson we will
combine the leader's and follower's crosses in order to find new
combinations in milonga.
Class IV:     2:00pm – 3:30pm   NEW OCHOS STEPS. In this lesson we will
study different, new steps from ochos forwards and backwards.

Classes $25 per class per person $15 per class for students w/ID.

Private lessons available call James Nelson Smith 901-283-7233 for times,
dates and prices, or email:  tangojames at hotmail.com

Wed   June 15th 2011
Theatre Works, 2085 Monroe Ave.  Memphis, TN

Class V:    7:00pm – 8:30pm   An extension of the weekend workshop for fine
tuning the things you’ve learned, plus some new tips, tricks, and
techniques.

Followed by a short, supervised practica.

Price for this class is $15 for anyone who participated in the weekend
workshop, and $20 for everyone else.

Check out our website: www.memphistango.org or visit our Facebook page Tango
Memphis.