[Tango-A] NA-E: a question for NYC tangueros

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Mon Mar 21 13:36:36 EDT 2011

Dear Tangueros and Tangueras of New York City,

I am writing to ask you for help.

Two of my friends from Denver just got an incredible opportuity - a full
scholarship for a two-week summer intensive training with the Joffrey Ballet
in New York City.  They are professional Ballroom dancers, choreographers
and full-time Ballroom instructors on social and competition levels.  They
also work with me professionally with Argentine tango.  Their talent was
recently recognized by the master teachers of the Joffrey Ballet and they
were offered this rare and exclusive opportunity.  They are wonderful young
men - funny, generous, and genuine.

All this happenned suddently during the last 2 weeks and so they have only 3
months to prepare for this experience.  They are incredibly excited and
motivated, but neither of them was prepared financially for this incredible
opportunity.  They are trying to make it happen on a shoe-string budget.
Because they do not know anyone in New York, they may not be able to teach
Ballroom dance as they normally do, which is their main source of income.
They are preparing for this scenario now and they are working on the
practical and financial things that they will need to take care of while in
NYC. Their most difficult problem right now is finding a place to stay for
two months, June 9 - August 9, 2011.

If you know anyone who would be willing to offer them a guest room, that
would be an incredible gift beyong anything anyone can expect.  They are
also able to trade dance lessons, or pay reasonable rent. So far, they have
not been able to find anything they can afford.  They are close friends and
would be willing to share a room.  They are not picky, not demanding, tidy
and mindful.  Any, even the most tiny place to stay would be most welcome.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.  We don't know
what options may exist for them in NY regarding this problem.  Anything that
you may think of to help will be greatly appreciated by me and by them.
This opportunity to train with the Joffrey Ballet will make them better
dancers, and because they teach social dance, it will go beyond their own
experience.  They are both warm, generous and caring people and teachers.

I will be most grateful for any help or ideas that you may be able to offer.

Thank you!

My warmest regards,

Nina
720-434-4342