[Tango-A] NA-E: Which milongas in NYC?

Benjamin Koh benkoh_alternate at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 21 09:47:33 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am visiting New York City from 23 Mar - 6 Apr inclusive. I found Richard Lipkin's page at:

http://www.dancetango.com/calendar.html

which looks great, but it also means there is a lot of choice. I have never been to NYC so I have no clue as to which milonga I should visit.

Would anyone be kind enough to privately write me a few words as to where they like to dance and why? I will be relying on public transport so ease of access would definitely be a factor - great music that I can't get to is a no-go.

My own dancing preferences are close embrace and Golden Age music. I also enjoy the occasional nuevo or electronic set, but not for the whole night.

Thanks in advance,
Benjamin