[Tango-A] NA-C: Derrick del Pilar to DJ at 1st milonga of 2012 in Chicago

PJ Grant windycitytango at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 22:18:45 EST 2011

On Sunday, January 1st, 2012, the Black & White 7th Annual 1st Milonga of the New Year, will return to Barba Yianni Greek Taverna (4761 N Lincoln Ave @ Lawrence & Western, Chicago IL) where we've previously enjoyed several 1st milongas of the new year.

Derrick Del Pilar will be the guest DJ beginning at 7:00 pm and continuing until the restaurant closes! Cover is $10 ($8 for full-time students with ID). We've held this price for 7 years so ignore the early flyers which stated $12 entry!

As with all Black & White events, be or wear black or white or any color of the universe!!!

Hostesses:
Valerie J Wright - callValerie at aol.com / 773-505-3917
Phoebe J Grant - TangoLadyChicago at yahoo.com / 312-60TANGO (312-608-2646)

We'll have exiting announcements regarding future Black & White Milongas ... or visit our page on facebook.com  (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-White-Milongas/129298547181574?sk=) to receive up to date information.

Also, you might want to take advantage of the Early, Early bird pricing for the 7th annual Chicago Mini Tango Festival (April 19-22, 2012) which ends on January 1, 2012.  Participants from from across the country including:  New York, Ohio, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Utah, Indiana, Arizona, New Mexico, Washington, California, Virginia,
Pennsylvania, Texas, Arkansas, Iowa, and Calgary, Canada already have registered.

Don't miss 4 days and nights of lessons from and performances by: Susana Miller, Oscar Casas, Ana Miguel, Enriqueta Kleinman, Osvaldo Natucci, Daniela Pucci, Luis Bianchi, Liz Haight and Masami Hirokawa and dancing to music at the milongas DJed by: Osvaldo Natucci, Lampis Zalavras, Derrick Del Pilar, Linda Valentino and Beth Anne Osborn with additional DJs to be announced.

To register, please go to: http://chicagotangofestival.com/Payment_Registration.php
Attendance in classes will be limited, so register as soon as possible.  Registration for the classes will be on a first come, first serve basis.

The Festival will be held at a new location this year, the Hilton Rosemont. We obtained a special $109+tax/rate per night for 1-4 people.  There are limited number of rooms with double beds.  The hotel provides complimentary 24 hour shuttle service from O'Hare airport, penthouse pool, 24 hour Stay Fit Gym access, and a reduced overnight parking rate ($10 per day for overnight guests and $5 for daily parkers). For more details and to register at the hotel go to:http://chicagotangofestival.com/Lodging.php

Phoebe J. (PJ) Grant of WindyCityTango, Unlimited

312-60TANGO (            312-608-2646      ) cell - text msgs welcome
WindyCityTango at yahoo.com(for tango business messages)
And on Sunday, January 1st, 2012 we will hostess our 7th Annual 1st Milonga of the New Year, returning to Barba Yianni Greek Taverna (4761 N

Stay tuned for notices of future Black & White Milongas ... or visit our pagon facebook.com  (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-White-Milongas/129298547181574?sk=) to receive up to date information.

[...]

Attendance in classes will be limited, so register as soon as possible.  Registration for the classes - which will have a size limit - will be on a first come, first serve basis.