[Tango-A] NA:E Tanghetto: MAY 23/24 Musicality Workshop + Live Concert

Carina Losano caritango at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 06:29:33 EDT 2010

It is ALL ABOUT TANGHETTO!!!
MAY 23/24 Exclusive artists of CariTango in the Washington DC Area.
Tickets: www.dctangostore.com
Info: www.tanghetto.info
Contact: caritango at yahoo.com

Tanghetto’s version of “Enjoy the silence” was featured at “Dancing with the
Stars” and danced by Pamela Anderson and her partner Damian.
Here is the video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCVKxBvxsH8

Know more of Tanghetto: Tanghetto are not only a pioneer in fusing tango and
electrónica but also absolute trend-setters in the new tango scene of Buenos
Aires.
After 8 years, with 7 studio albums, a live DVD, soundtracks, platinum and
gold albums, tours in more than 20 countries worldwide, awards and
nominations, Tanghetto still surprises from the studio and from the stage,
with innovative recordings and a powerful audiovisual live show.
The “Tanghetto sound” is unique; it's a fusion of diverse sources of
inspiration, both contemporary and traditional, that converge in Buenos
Aires with the bandoneon (the nostalgic and characteristic instrument of the
tango). Bandoneon takes the singer's role and is surrounded by diverse
acoustic instruments and a sonic wall of synths and samplers. The band's
music has been defined by the press as “(...) distinguished by its singular
combination of simplicity, sophistication, sensibility, energy and no
prejudices”.

To my Dear Tangueros: With all my heart I really look forward to seeing you
for a magnificent 2 day event with a world renowned Argentine Tango
Orchestra + Great Instructors & DJ at the only location in the DC area that
can bring a Tango Audiovisual Show to the max, Cococabana!  It will be even
more special when we all share these days together!!
Much Love! Love, never fails!
Carina R. Losano

SCHEDULE AND DETAILS:

All events are at Cococabana:
2031 A University Blvd. Hyattsville, MD 20783 www.cococabanagrill.com

Sunday, May 23rd
Musicality Workshop by Tanghetto members & Carina Losano 5:00 to 7:00 pm $
25
* This workshop will start with a presentation by Tanghetto’s unique style
of composition & interpretation by Maxi Masri, the creator of the group.
Then the musicians will join and play samples of their music and explained
to be interpreted into dance together with Carina for the participants to
dance afterwards.  The workshop with conclude with questions and answers. –
You can bring paper and pen to make notes. ** No film allowed.

Monday, May 24th
Tango Lesson / Live Concert / Milonga
7:00 pm Doors will open for pick up tickets & purchase.
* If you purchase your ticket online, you must bring your printed receipt
and go to the “will call” line. ** If you are going to purchase your tickets
the same night, go to the “purchase tickets” line.
7:30 to 9:00 pm Tango Lessons
$ 15
2  Classes will run at the same time.  Please indicate our volunteer which
level you are taking so they can take you to your instructors.
Beginners taught by Viviana & Isidoro Levinson.
Advanced taught by Dyana Sanchez & Claudio Fortes.
9:00 to Midnight Live Concert + Milonga + Special Performance by Claudio &
Dyana!
$30
Tanghetto will be performing live for everybody to dance!
Our Guest DJ for the night will be our lovely Yulia Kristovetz with her
excellent tango collection! Yulia will be playing before & after the live
concert!

PURCHASE  TICKETS ONLINE:
•	www.dctangostore.com
•	Direct link: http://www.dctangostore.com/category.php?id_category=9