[Tango-A] NA-E: Maximiliano Gluzman returns to New York City - May 14th-27th

Francesca francescabl at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 09:08:34 EDT 2010

It is a great pleasure to announce the return of Maximiliano
Gluzman to New York City.

Maxi is a  porteño dancer who proudly continues the tradition of his
hometown social dance.  His professional
life in tango is divided into two main areas: researching the dance of the old
generation milongueros and teaching. Precisely, his teaching is about sharing
the magic of the  porteño dance
with the rest of the world: its technique, its culture, and its mystery. A
magic that, as difficult as it is to conceptualize, he has been able to
transmit to his students from many countries. His outstanding qualities as a
teacher and as a dancer has gained him a great following during his previous
visit to New York.

Maxi is returning this week and will have a busy schedule of classes and
performances starting this weekend:

Friday May 14th
Ukrainian Village/Dance Tango Milonga
7:15-8:15 - Pre-milonga class
11PM Performance with Ann-Sophie Persson

Sunday May 16th
Esmeralda Milonga at Session 73
7PM Intermediate class
>From 8PM and until the end of the milonga, Maximiliano will be available to
teach “mini-private” classes of 15 minutes each. During the class Maximiliano
will evaluate your dancing and give you suggestions and exercises to improve
your weak spots. If requested, the class can be video taped with your
camera/video camera or we can provide you with a DVD of the class. Cost of the
class is $25. You can reserve your spot by emailing me at francescabl25 at gmail.com.
10PM Performance with Ann-Sophie Persson

Maxi will also teach a very insightful series of workshops on Saturday May 22nd and
May 23rd at Pearl Studios and on May 27th at Triangulo and will be available
for private classes. Please email me if you wish to register for the workshops
or would like to reserve a private class with him.

 Workshops at Pearl Studio,  500
8th Avenue, 4th floor, (between
35th and 36th streets) Studio # 1215
 Saturday May 22nd: A day devoted to studying milonga

3-4:15PM MILONGA I - From tango to milonga - this lesson is about the
similarities and differences between tango and milonga, in order to achieve
higher functionality and musical connection in milonga.

4:30-5:45
 MILONGA II - The traspie - in this lesson we will study
the traspie beat and we will learn several movements within it.

Sunday May 23rd
3-4:15
TECHNIQUE AND MUSICALITY - This lesson is about the
elements that will make our dance more comfortable for our partner as well as
more musical looking for the observer.

4:15 - 5:45 THE WORLD OF CROSSES - In this lesson we will study the cross of
the follower and its more unusual relative, the cross of the leader, and use
improvisation techniques to combine these movements into spontaneous patterns.

Thursday May 27th
Triangulo - 135 West 20th St, 3rd Fl (btwn 6th & 7th Aves)
8:30-9:30 Class: TECHNIQUE FOR SACADAS - This lesson is about the correct way
to lead and follow sacadas. We will use several classic and original examples
to illustrate these ideas.

For the complete schedule please go to http://www.tangotuscany.com/main/Maximiliano_Gluzman.html.