[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC Yep, Another New Milonga Opens June 8

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 16:10:35 EDT 2010

 OPENING---JUNE 8‹TUESDAY
YEP, ANOTHER NEW MILONGA
Upstairs at Professor Thom¹s Bar and Restaurant!
219 2nd Avenue‹bet.13th & 14th.
Esmeralda¹s East Village Tango Parlor *
to be known as The Parlor
(Yes, it is a genuine Victorian parlor)
 ³Renovated from a classic 19th Century apartment, the Professor's Loft
features an oak and mahogany bar transplanted from New York City's infamous
Mayflower hotel, 20-foot vaulted ceilings, original turn-of-the-century
molding, antique grand chandeliers...²
Starts Early-- 5:00---goes to 12:00‹or Later

And now for something new-- A TANGO PRACTICA in SPANISH!
This weekly practica held in a separate room
7:30 to 8:30
Led by Maestra REBECCA SHULMAN, of Dance Manhattan Studio,
great tango teacher and Spanish speaker who fools the natives
$10 for the Milonga. Add $5 to join the tango-practica hour.

2 Beginner classes  6:30 and 8:30 Included in the $10 admission. No partner
needed.

Guest DJ on our Special Opening: Martin Hernandez

Opening night! Extended Happy Hour to 8:00 w/$3 beer and $4 wine.
The kitchen offers an extensive inexpensive menu ($6 to $11)
 http://www.loft219.com/pageone.html <http://www.loft219.com/pageone.html>

P.S. Session 73¹s Tango & Tapas continues Sundays.     Lucille 212 777 6053
*I had thought about calling it ³Milonga Numero Cincuenta² but figured there
could be 55 or more by the time it opened.