[Tango-A] NA-C: Alberto Dassieu returns to Chicago; workshops this Labor Day weekend

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 17:31:47 EDT 2010

Alberto Dassieu will be in Chicago starting this Wednesday, September 1 until next week.  He will have workshops this Saturday, September 4, and Sunday, September 5th at Dance Connection, 3117 N. Clybourn, Chicago; each day from noon to 5:30pm.  In addition, Alberto will do several performances at the Special Milonga this Saturday at Dance Connection.  The milonga will be from 10 pm to 2am. For more details about the workshops, the milonga, or about private lessons, go to www.chicagotangofestival.com/Dassieu or contact Ray Barbosa at either chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com or 708-955-6040.

The following are comments from the organizer and some tangueras about Alberto's recent workshop in Cleveland:

Timmy Tango (Cleveland organizer): "in 15 years of promoting tango in Cleveland, this weekend has to be the best workshop I've ever promoted. Alberto Dassieu had the entire workshops attention. He is entertaining and a joy to be around. Besides that, I'm learning great tango technique and cadence. The milonga last night has a great attendance and life of it's own.  Thank you Alberto for sharing your knowledge of tango with us"

A Cleveland Tanguera:" Truly an amazing experience to have the opportunity to meet such a kind soulful gentleman and to get to dance with him. I don't think I ever truly felt the essence of tango....Though I've felt hints of it until dancing with him."

A Columbus, Ohio tanguera: “It is wonderful! I'm having a blast here. He taught alot of etiquette, musicality, and how to put life into your dancing etc. I started to feel the slowness and quietness in the music and thus in the dancing too. His dancing is so soft and into the floor. I got to dance with him in the workshop alot as he asked me to help with demonstrations. And how did I feel dancing with him? That is summerized in my most recent status. :) - When Alberto dances with me, every part of my body, even my knees, are dancing too. “

Alberto enjoys Chicago and is delighted to once again return to Chicago.  We will try to make some milongas during his stay and look forward to your joining us for a fantastic Labor Day weekend event with Alberto Dassieu. We are also excited about our out of town guests coming to the workshops from Boston; Cleveland; Columbus, Ohio; Champaign-Urbana; New York and other locations.  There are also very good labor day special rates by the airlines this Labor Day weekend.

We look forward to seeing everyone this weekend at the workshops.