[Tango-A] NA-W: FAQ (Part 2) for Gustavo & Giselle's "G&G's Argentine Tango Festival - Part 1" this weekend!

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Thu Apr 29 00:11:32 EDT 2010

 (...Continued from Part 1 previous message)

**** G&G Argentine Tango Festival FAQ ****
As promised, below please find a list of questions and answers -
to assist us all in setting expectations as we prepare for and anticipate
the weekend of classes.

-------------
Q: "Do I need a partner?"

A: NO! We will manage rotation among those who don't have partners. Our
Dance of the Heart staff will be rotating with you to provide role-balance
and to enhance the experience for those rotating among partners.

-------------

Q: “My friend and I are two women who want to visit from the San Francisco
area for the weekend. Neither of us feel comfortable leading. Are there
still spaces available for us?”

A: YES, ladies AND gentlemen, please feel free to register! There is plenty
of room for all whether you are joining us with or without a partner.

-------------
Q: “My partner and I are more or less beginners, but this workshop series
sounds like a great opportunity to interact with these acclaimed maestros.
We would very much appreciate the opportunity to at least observe these
workshops...is this possible?”

A: For us, studying tango is not a spectator sport – we want our paying
students to feel free to explore their edges without being the subjects of
observation. Therefore, we encourage you and your partner to sign up for the
workshops, but plan to remain with each other, NOT joining the rotation. We
have no doubt you’ll get a lot out of the experience, even if your current
level may mean you won’t master as much of the material as others with more
experience. In our first workshop with Gustavo in 1999, we ourselves were
beginner tango dancers, willing to confront the challenges arising from our
limited experience in order to immerse ourselves in this world-class,
dynamic tango training opportunity.

-------------
Q: “I have been unable to find a partner, and I don’t want to be paired in
the rotation with someone at a beginner level, which would be a waste of my
time and money. Can you assure me that there will not be beginners in the
rotation, or that I’ll be able to dance with someone on your staff instead?”

A: Unfortunately, at this price we of course cannot guarantee the level of
your partners. Because many people register 'at the door,' it’s difficult to
predict who actually shows up for a given workshop. We advertise the classes
for intermediate through advanced students to do our best to attract
appropriate skill-levels for every given class.

You are always welcome to register on G&G's "Searching for Partners" list or
review the existing list for possibilities by logging onto their website
(see below and be sure to scroll all the way down to find the list):

http://www.gustavoygiselle.com/english/21_G&G_ATF_may_2010.htm

-------------
Q: “The problems with classes like this, no matter how great the teachers,
is that we work on things in class, and in a few days everybody forgets
everything and goes back to their previous level. What’s the point?”

A: We know what you mean! We felt like that for a long time! That’s why
we’ve been
working for years to find ways of remedying that problem. For those who
attend the Festival workshops, our Boulder Avalon Monday classes and
practicas and our Denver Mercury Friday classes are very useful for
reviewing the
gems you'll learn this weekend. Also, our staff meets regularly to review
this material
among ourselves, so we'll be in a better position to review your memories of
class with YOU. This is one of the tremendous advantages of having a common
frame of reference for learning tango.

-------------
Please check Gustavo & Giselle's and/or Dance of the Heart websites for
registration details, where you'll also find discount pricing options and
information about travel to and from Boulder for out-of-town dancers. We
also accept registrations at the door for each individual class. Please
check on-line for the latest information.

Gustavo & Giselle: http://gustavoygiselle.com
Dance of the Heart: http://danceoftheheart.com

All events held at Avalon Ballroom, 6185 Arapahoe , Boulder, CO

Friday, April 30
•	12:30pm  Registration & Warm-up
•	12:45pm  1. “The Sacadita” w/G&G
•	2:30pm   2. “Boleos Man & Woman” w/A&F
•	4:15pm   3. “Turns” w/A&F

Saturday, May 1
•	12:30pm  Registration & Warm-up
•	12:45pm  4. “The Volcadita” w/G&G
•	2:30pm   5. “Full Technique Man & Woman” w/A&F
•	4:15pm   6. “Musicality in Tango” w/A&F

•	8:30pm   GRAN MILONGA featuring G&G/A&F performances @ 11pm

Sunday, May 2
•	12:30pm  Registration & Warm-up
•	12:45pm  7. “The Colgadita” w/G&G
•	2:30pm   8. “Ganchos Man & Woman” w/A&F
•	4:15pm   9. “Improvisation & Des-structuration” w/A&F

See you this weekend!
Deb & Brian
Dance of the Heart
303-938-0716
"Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time"